smoke oil which is the best at produceing smoke

Smoke creating devices!
jonger
Lance Corporal

Re: smoke oil which is the best at produceing smoke

Post by jonger »

The lamp oil I use is sold for indoor oil lamp use not garden lamps, (I got it from The Range) not sure of its constituents, it is thinner than the baby oil I'm using though it seems to be a similar type of oil and when mixed together it makes a nice blend that easily wicks up to the heating element and gives off an off white smoke with a bluish tinge.

Quite happy with the results I am now getting.

I should just reiterate that the secret of good smoke seems to be getting good airflow across the heating element & wick, that's what Strmnd54 has discovered and told us about, everything else is just refinements to that basic principle. :thumbup:
Jonger
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

hi jonger forgot to ask have you a link to the post from strmnd54 about turning the heater element round so its between the inlet & exhaust s
jonger
Lance Corporal

Post by jonger »

tanker 242 wrote:hi jonger forgot to ask have you a link to the post from strmnd54 about turning the heater element round so its between the inlet & exhaust s
Its actually the next post to this one where he confirms the method "Acoustic smoker latest design"
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 84&t=11110
Jonger
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

:thumbup: thanks for that jonger have just read it thats why he is called the smoker god :clap: :thumbup:
Robert Davies
Recruit

Post by Robert Davies »

jonger wrote:The lamp oil I use is sold for indoor oil lamp use not garden lamps, (I got it from The Range) not sure of its constituents, it is thinner than the baby oil I'm using though it seems to be a similar type of oil and when mixed together it makes a nice blend that easily wicks up to the heating element and gives off an off white smoke with a bluish tinge.

Quite happy with the results I am now getting.
Excellent! Thanks for that! I just tried the baby oil/lamp oil mix (IN THE TANK!!!) and for me, it works very well - the baby oil on it's own makes loads of smoke, but it's borderline invisible, the lamp oil makes the difference :)

Return to “Smokers”