Clark TK20/22 PDF Instruction Booklet & Remote Guide

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

Re: Clark TK20/22 PDF Instruction Booklet & Remote Guide

Post by B.A.D.A.S.S.Force »

You're welcome Shaun, & thanks for the appreciation.

So I decided to just do 2 PDF booklets, & boy was there a freaking ton of messing with the sloppy way Clark has that page constructed, just to get half way decent reading flow & printing out of these PDF files, but they aren't too bad now.

So with the newly updated PDF files, one is a Complete booklet that has the entire contents of Clark's TK20 Series website page (plus some extras as of 5/12/2013) in it, & is rather large, while the 2nd booklet just has all the necessary Programming information so it's nice & compact for quick reference!

Oh, & after just finishing all this up, figures, I noticed that Clark also had another listing glitch, under Save Preset 2, the "Available Settings" shows, "Save to PRESET 1", rather than Save to PRESET 2 ... oh well, for now that will remain a glitch ...   :shifty:

Oh, & if anyone notices any glaring mistakes, something I've missed, or has an idea for something which would be nice to add, just let me know.

~ Craig ~

TK20/22 Series Complete PDF Instruction/Setup/Installation/Programming Booklet, 37 Pages (click image below)

TK20/22 Series "Programming" PDF Compact Guide Booklet Only, 11 Pages (click image below)
Last edited by B.A.D.A.S.S.Force on Sun May 19, 2013 4:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
(¯`·._.·´¯`·._ ? B.A.D.A.S.S. F?rce Club F?under ? _.·´¯`·._.·´¯)
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Post by strmnd54 »

Thanks for the posting Craig...
I'm in the process of installing a Clark TK 22 / Benedini combo in my Pershing, and your thread will be a time saver for me as well...
Norm.
Heated debates on climate changes contribute to global warming!!!
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

Thanks Norm, I'm just glad I can do something helpful as well as people like you & the others have done for this hobby. No sense in making something like this & keeping it to myself, though I did shamelessly add my icon to the PDF files where the custom remote quick guide graphic I created was placed :O ... lol, if people don't like it, they can always use a black Sharpie to get rid of it. :D

Also note, I have updated my links again because I have created 2 NEW PDF files where I've made corrections on a couple remaining errors, as well as added another section myself with some helpful information about the programming "quirks" of the board, which are shown below.

• Special Board Programming Notes

• * When in programming mode for the boards, every time a valid programming button on the remote is pressed, the associated function will be incremented to the next available setting. So after pressing a programming button, the returned LED indicator flashes are not showing the current setting for that function, but actually flashing the correct amount of times for the new setting you have just input for the function. For this reason, it's best to either remember each function's current setting, or write them down somewhere. If you accidentally change a setting for a function, you will have to repeatedly press the same programming button to cycle through all of that function's available settings to return to the original settings it was before you pressed the button the first time.

* When an unknown programming button on a remote is used on the board while in programming mode, the LED indicator will return the same number of flashes which represent the IR code it received. As an example, if your board does not currently have the “Turret Damage Simulation” function on it, when using either the remote's "Teletext OFF" or "[]" key, the LED indicator will flash 56 times consecutively, rather than flash an appropriate 1-2 flashes for that function's valid programming settings

Yes, I know the wording isn't exactly correct under the first bullet, because technically when you press a programming button the number of flashes you then see does actually indicate the current setting, but that current setting is the new current setting you just got done programming by pressing the button, & not the "old" current setting you might have thought the indicator flashes were reporting, , ... LOL, am I making sense?!?!

~ Craig ~
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Craig, just noticed that that the Main Gun Function Mode Section contains the Gun Elevation Servo Mode (J4) but really it should be the RealRecoil (J2) Mode there. It is not wrong information but just misplaced I think. I must have flip thru this thing multiple times and never really noticed it. I don't use RealRecoil so that might be it but it is amazing how you think you know the whole thing inside out and then stuff keep popping up.
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

MichaelC wrote:Craig, just noticed that that the Main Gun Function Mode Section contains the Gun Elevation Servo Mode (J4) but really it should be the RealRecoil (J2) Mode there. It is not wrong information but just misplaced I think. I must have flip thru this thing multiple times and never really noticed it. I don't use RealRecoil so that might be it but it is amazing how you think you know the whole thing inside out and then stuff keep popping up.
Actually, this isn't misplaced information, it's just not explained anywhere in the documentation. RealRecoil mode doesn't need to be in the Main Gun Function Mode settings, because if you are using RealRecoil, this setting won't affect it at all, RealRecoil simply works just by attaching a servo to port J2, & the only setting for RealRecoil needed is one to change direction of the servo used for it, which is another function entirely.

However, the Gun Elevation Servo Mode is linked to this function, in a way, & which recoil mode you are using, but only if you are going to be using RealRecoil. Meaning, you can only select this option number 4 under Main Gun Function Mode if you are also using RealRecoil & a servo for recoil as well.

I'm assuming these other recoil units just won't work if option 4 is selected, though I have not tested any to verify. The function settings may have been done this way, again, because of limited resources in the micro controller used for programming, so anyone wanting to use Gun Elevation Servo Mode will also have to use a servo & RealRecoil for their main gun recoil.

I think I will either add this programing hitch to my "Special Board Programming Notes" section which I included in both PDF guides, or update the functions table with another note.
GunElevatioModeFunction.jpg

~ Craig ~
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Thanks Craig, I guess I will be finding this out very quickly as I just picked up couple of HiTec HS-81 to try the recoil. So what you are saying is that you will only have to select this if you are using Gun Elevation Servo and that's why it is there.

I saw your youtube video on the servo recoil and will be trying to do the same. I guess my only question is, with RealRecoil, would the high intensity flash still works or do I now have to use the flash port on the Clark board ? Now if RealRecoil works all the time without switching the "Main Gun Funciton Mode" then I know the high intensity flash would still work as long as I preserved the microswitch. Is that how it is done ?
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

MichaelC wrote:Thanks Craig, I guess I will be finding this out very quickly as I just picked up couple of HiTec HS-81 to try the recoil. So what you are saying is that you will only have to select this if you are using Gun Elevation Servo and that's why it is there.

I saw your youtube video on the servo recoil and will be trying to do the same. I guess my only question is, with RealRecoil, would the high intensity flash still works or do I now have to use the flash port on the Clark board ? Now if RealRecoil works all the time without switching the "Main Gun Funciton Mode" then I know the high intensity flash would still work as long as I preserved the microswitch. Is that how it is done ?
Yes, the only way the Gun Elevation Servo function will work with a servo connected to J4, is if the Main Gun Function Mode is set to "4" on a TK22 board. But to use this option, you will also have to use a main gun recoil servo with RealRecoil too. In other words, you couldn't set this to option 4 & still use a stock Tamiya, Hooben, or Heng Long recoil unit. If you did, the gun elevation would work with the servo connected to J4, but those recoil units wouldn't. I have not tested this myself, though this was my understanding of how it all works after asking Clark to explain.

I would imagine the high intensity flash will work when using RealRecoil, as long as it's connected properly, but this is another area I have no experience, since I have never had a HI flash unit myself.

~ Craig ~
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

I just wanted to say thanks again to Craig,Michael ,and the rest of the guys for going through and working on these manuals. I now have 2 clark boards (Mk. IV and WSN T-34/85 yea, that's right! :D ) thanks to Michael's RCEME Field Repair Shop and plans to replace all in the other 5 tanks.
What a bloody difference from HL standards! And for under $100 bucks! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Just wanted to say thanks for producing these. I am considering moving all my tanks over to Clarke boards and these guides have been a terrific help to me.

Cheers

Paul
Robert Davies
Recruit

Post by Robert Davies »

Thank you - two little words, hardly seems enough for you having 'translated' Clark's guide into something ordinary humans can use.

Today was not going well - fitting the Clark board into my HL Leo 2 went well…

Configuring my ER9x flashed Turnigy 9x + HobbyKing 6ch receiver, not so much…

I was able to carefully work through the instruction guide and get it all working, by comparing what was actually happening, to what should be happening - and slowly but surely drawing the two schema together.

Once again THANK YOU!!

Return to “Other electronics”