Custom M3 halftrack

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Re: Custom M3 halftrack

Post by MarkofZollo »

Ok yeah Il send him a message, thanks for your help. Really all Im trying to find is an easy and cheap way to lock in these pigments. I got some varnish that is the same formula but from another manufacturer, fair bit cheaper too.
Cheers
There is always a fifth Sherman
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Ok, pretty much finished halftrack and trailer but have had to wait for a day where I have enough natural light to get good pics. I dont get a lot of light so using a good flat surface (floor) wont work, I have had to use my model shelves with my improv flat surface (please excuse any clutter).
Basically tried lots of different varnishes but they either make pigment vanish or change colour, I have been experimenting with Isopropyl Alcohol, wetting the surface after pigments applied. This works ok but ends up with tide marks which have to be buffed out, this leads to pigments getting dulled down. Effect using IPA follows;

As it stands in my display;

I managed to break the hook that attaches the trailer to halftrack when putting it back, will have to fix that, plus maybe add the framework for the canvas roof that some of these halftracks had perhaps over Christmas hols. Have since ordered some Mig pigment fixer and will get an airbrush so I can acheive desired effect at last!!
Cheers, Dave
There is always a fifth Sherman
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

very nice, a good job done well
regards, ice

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”