WORLDS WORST CARS !!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

WORLDS WORST CARS !!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

We’ve all had ‘em.
Let’s take a toolbox down memory lane for fond reminiscing of the awful cars we had!
Hell, we might even still have :crazy:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Re: WORLDS WIRST CARS !!

Post by jarndice »

I blush at the clunkers I have parted good money with to buy, :{
A Sunbeam Rapier :poop: that was 4/5th hand that dumped all its petrol when the unknown to me rusting fuel tank finally gave up the ghost in the works carpark,
Oh the humiliation as the fire brigade washed a weeks wages of 5 star down the drain not to mention the cost of arranging a tow home with the thing.
It it any wonder that I started using my motorbike :thumbup: as my daily commute.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ecam »

That we have owned, or can they be ones that older brothers have owned?

I can say with a clear conscience (and a car nut for almost 50 years) that I have never owned a "worst" car. And yes I had a Miata (wonderful autocross car).
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cars you’ve actually owned and driven.

I’ve had:

Mk 1 Cortina wish I still had it (the only one)
Ford Prefect with a 100 E engine
Morris Minor 1000 single screen
Hillman Hunter
Hillman Avenger
Triumph PI with a TC engine that went like the clappers but thought it was sponsored by Saudi Aramco Oil Company the fuel it burnt!
Toyota Corrona
Mitsi Lancer
Valliant VG with a 245 Hemi (holly :poop: that was a tough gas guzzling thing) that I named the Exxon Valdez as it held as much fuel and was almost as long :haha:

My Dad was a fan of Morris
A venerable Oxford , Minis (the proper ones not these VW imposters), the 1300 with Hydroelastic suspension!

All ALL were awful, rusted out, could not maintain brakes and didn’t cope with water on the engine electrics , which in NZ was omnipresent !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ecam »

I briefly had a MK1 Ford Lotus Cortina powered by a 289 (sacrilege, for some) but I did sell it to someone who returned it to its former glory (kept the 289 K code and top loader). Not a turd, wicked fun/fast!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I can't say that it was a terrible car but it was certainly unusual :D
It was an mg metro and had a bodykit based on the 6R4 rally car, I owned it for a couple of years but when my first daughter was born I swapped it for something a little more practical, a mkii Ford XR2 :haha: those were the days :thumbup:
Cheers,Lee.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: WORLDS WORST CARS !!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I remember those MG's rally cars from the WRC tour in NZ back in the day.
Insane days those were. Lancias, Audi''s, MG's, bad-ass race cars.

Worst cars are of course subjective, but spending weekends or sometimes weekDAYS working on one to get you to where you need to be is a thing that burns you !!!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: WORLDS WORST CARS !!

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That's how I learned most of my mechanical skills Herman, there wasn't a week that went by that something didn't need fixing, most of today's youths can just about manage to put fuel in or plug it into the mains :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “General Discussion”