T34 85 7.0 Smoke Generator

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
VonDomenic
Recruit

T34 85 7.0 Smoke Generator

Post by VonDomenic »

Hello everyone!
I hope there are more owners of a T34 Heng Long 7.0 or recent versions.

I wanted to know if your smoke generator is also held in place simply by the rubber tubes, from which the smoke comes out.

In mine, there is no pin or screw holding the motor attached to the top of the tank.

It therefore happens very often that the tubes inside come detached from the resistance that generates the smoke.

It's normal?

Thanks in advance!
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: T34 85 7.0 Smoke Generator

Post by MrChef »

It is normal. It doesn't screw into any mount. It attaches to the upper hull smoke tubes.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
VonDomenic
Recruit

Post by VonDomenic »

MrChef wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:05 am It is normal. It doesn't screw into any mount. It attaches to the upper hull smoke tubes.
What a failed design.
A person cannot know if the pipes are always attached, there is a risk that the smoke liquid, if inserted from the mufflers, ends up on the engines for the movement of the tank.

Have any of you solved it in any particular way?

Thanks for your reply!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, I think you are talking about the part coming out of the tank? then a small metal wire, which goes around and twisted the two ends together, or a small Rilsan collar, easy to replace when dismantling?
There are small sizes
IMG_3066.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 495 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

VonDomenic wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:34 am
MrChef wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:05 am It is normal. It doesn't screw into any mount. It attaches to the upper hull smoke tubes.
What a failed design.
A person cannot know if the pipes are always attached, there is a risk that the smoke liquid, if inserted from the mufflers, ends up on the engines for the movement of the tank.

Have any of you solved it in any particular way?

Thanks for your reply!
No worries.

Here is a link to a topic discussion on another forum I visit about the smokers mount or lack thereof and how another member moved it and mounted it differently- https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-ca ... t-fit-back
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
VonDomenic
Recruit

Post by VonDomenic »

Thanks everyone for the help.
I have currently secured the smoke unit to the upper hull, using a loop of wire.
I don't know how long it will hold up. I will probably order the hooks that were reported to me!

Return to “General Questions”