Ideas for turret bearings.

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Re: Ideas for turret bearings.

Post by siegfried »

Good tips, thanks
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

There is a solution that requires rather less effort. I can't claim the credit, it was mentioned to me by bogeyman.

Get one of those slippery plastic paper wallets that you put in ring binders. Cut two circles. Cut the middles out, so that you have two rings the size of the turret ring.

Glue one to the underside of the turret and the other to the hull. Have the two textured surfaces against each other.

This material is super slippery, the surface will be completely flat, and it will only raise the turret about 1mm. It works like a charm, it's like sheet ice. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Thanks Shaun - I did order the large one and the harness with it from our friends in England. I'm hopeful this will steady the turret down and give me the full turn I want. I didn't pay any attention to which harness I ordered but if I end up with the wrong one I will order another one. I see them on ebay and Amazon frequently.

Thanks
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”