Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
puramo
Lance Corporal

Re: Tamiya Leopard 1A4, Leo 2A6 & Gepard Builds

Post by puramo »

Fabulous,
I envy your meticulous assembly skills and clean working environment, I have good intentions but get messy quickly, thanks for sharing
BC: I couldn't do that. Could you do that? Why can they do it? Who are those guys?
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

Thanks!
Last edited by Pcomm1 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MEXAS C1
Private

Post by MEXAS C1 »

modern german hardwear like it hihih
Tamiya leopard C1 mexas armor
home made T26 licht Russian tank
Heng long leopard 2A6 soon to be 2A5
Samurai Modeler

Update: Tamiya Leopard 1A4, Leo 2A6 & Gepard Builds

Post by Samurai Modeler »

This is Gepard Flakpanzer #2, an 8 channel model. It is a collaboration, custom fabrication build, with scratch built internals, captained by Daryl Turner and built for our mutual friend James. I researched and spec'd the RC Setup focusing on accurate sound effects. Then assembled the Tamiya Kit, painted the model and shipped it back across country to Daryl for the RC component(s) installation and setup. The model was completed April 2017.

Daryl B. Turner explains the scope of the project in this brief: Features on this Gepard model that John is working on include, "Hinged upper hull, Heng Long turret rotation, servo drive for forward radar, servo drive for rear radar elevation/retraction, DC gear motor rear radar dish sweep (this turns on upon full elevation of radar dish), servo drive main gun elevation/depression. LED flashing barrels that are also detachable for shipping/storage, high speed vibration unit (shakes barrels to simulate firing and is located in the turret), noise maker (makes metallic sound of shell ejection during firing, and is integral in turret as well), BARC electronics, Benedini sound, dual speakers, Futaba 8J transmitter, ETO gearhead main drives, full ball bearing wheels, modular wiring harnesses, Henntec idler arm upgrade. Also has extensive added bracing on lower hull, rear panel had been reinforced, and sponson extensions added (covers the gap over the track). This is completely serviceable with basic tools, all components attach with screws or custom hardware, minimal glue used on mechanical components or items that need access. I’ll do photos of the re-installation of all of these mechanisms when the tank is returned to me for final fitting and tests/adjustments. I shipped the tank only as a shell to John, I did not want to risk the damage during shipping of the delicate internal parts I created."

If you use Facebook you can see a Gepard #2 ops video here: https://www.facebook.com/johnjosephackerman/

More Gepard #2 build photos here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/johnjosepha ... 7266245922

Enjoy, John
Attachments
Left-Side-NATO-v2.jpg
Rear-End-Decals.jpg
Lifting-Deck_Battery-Swap-Ease.jpg
Gepard-+-Transmitter.jpg
Gepard-Crop.jpg
Gepard.jpg
Gepard-Right-Front-Decals.jpg
Gepard-Left-Front_Decals.jpg
Gepard-WIP.jpg
Gepard-v2-WIP.jpg
Last edited by Samurai Modeler on Tue May 02, 2017 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Samurai Modeler

Update: Tamiya Leopard 1A4, Leo 2A6 & Gepard Builds

Post by Samurai Modeler »

About 2 years ago I asked Daryl to design, fabricate and build a Tamiya based IR RC F/O Leopard 1A4 Hull and Turret for me. I assembled, painted and RC setup the Leo 1. Martin MacDonald rendered the two figures. Here are a few photos. The model is really nice, to nice to IR fight, and became an instant shelf queen upon completion in February 2017.

Tamiya Leopard 1A4 Number 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7whfaftMg0

Complete detailed build photos: https://www.facebook.com/pg/johnjosepha ... 4378499211

Enjoy John
Attachments
Leo-1-Right-Front-v2.jpg
Leo-1-Side_Left-Rear.jpg
Leo-1-Crew.jpg
Turret-v1.jpg
Leo-1-Back.jpg
Leo-1_Deck-Open.jpg

Return to “Leopard”