Super Smoker smoke unit

Smoke creating devices!
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: Super Smoker smoke unit

Post by Tankbear »

I second that you can be spending and spending for ever with upgrades, but sometimes need to sit back and play with them.

also don't be to scared with the mentioned electronics, i'm not the best at soldering and know just the basics with regard them. And I made a proportional smoker no problem. All I would recommend is a volt meter, with one of these you can check your work as you go i.e making sure the diode is right way round, as obviously with out it only indication you get is when it works or the comonents starts smoking when wrong.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

but sometimes need to sit back and play with them

Oh ere misses..steady there Tb.plz don't include any pic's, this is a family forums ;) :crazy: :haha:
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Se7eN
Private

Post by Se7eN »

Tankbear wrote:I second that you can be spending and spending for ever with upgrades, but sometimes need to sit back and play with them.

also don't be to scared with the mentioned electronics, i'm not the best at soldering and know just the basics with regard them. And I made a proportional smoker no problem. All I would recommend is a volt meter, with one of these you can check your work as you go i.e making sure the diode is right way round, as obviously with out it only indication you get is when it works or the comonents starts smoking when wrong.
I bit the bullet for the last time and ordered a proportional smoker unit from ebay (Now I know these are not the best...well not like building your own). But I should be able to use the pcb in hybrid with my final prototype.
I was working on my second prototype this morning and the smoke output is extremely impressive. So impressive in fact it set of my house smoke alarm :wtf: because of too much air been pushed into the project box aperture and in imbalance in my smoke fluid (cheap ass tesco vodka) a oversight on my part lol.

I now have all the tools to build (in my eyes) a quality semi proportional smoke unit. I'm going to take my time, check my measurements, double check my electronics and hopefully by 6pm tomorrow night I will have something to show off.

Fingers crossed....Here we go...

-x se7en x-
Silverstalker
Lance Corporal

Post by Silverstalker »

If it works and stays working and is really really good....may i place an order for one ;) :thumbup:
nyleatherneck
Recruit

Post by nyleatherneck »

The original Super Smoker that were once available at RC Tankwars is now available at Radio Control Custom Tanks. This is the original design that the Late Phil Pfluger sold. It has been updated so that less soldering of components are required, but basically the same reliable Super Smoker.
NYleatherneck
For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
nyleatherneck
Recruit

Post by nyleatherneck »

The Super Smoker that was originally sold by RC Tankwarfare is now available from Radio Control Custom Tanks. This is the same Super Smoker except the electronics are now mounted on a small PCB board to cut down on the soldering necessary. The price is the same as before.
Carl Steckler
For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
nyleatherneck
Recruit

Post by nyleatherneck »

Radio Control Custom Tanks will be transferring the Manufacturer of the Super Smoker II to RC Tanks Of OKC as of today.
I wish to thank all who have purchased the smokers from me, but being retired it started to take too much of my time. Nathan Williams has gratefully agreed to take over making them to the same quality standards.
We will continue to offer our other products, such as the RBU a 100% Tamiya compatible IR Battle Unit, and the custom PCB boards for interconnectivity. Please visit both of our sites and thanks.
Carl Steckler

Return to “Smokers”