Need a favour from someone with a 1/6 th king tiger

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Re: Need a favour from someone with a 1/6 th king tiger

Post by Swamprat33 »

Hi Horses, one thing to consider is that a Mark1 KT will be lighter than an Armotek KT.
Both will be bl**dy heavy though :haha:
You will need to invest in some ramps and or a table lift and possibly a trailer.
My Panther easily fits in the back of my Ford Cmax but have to remove the gun barrel first
I still need to get some folding ramps and a table lift of some kind. It nearly killed me lifting it onto a table.

Good luck
Tim
1/6 Armortek Panther ausf.G
1/6 Armortek Panzer III ausf.J
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

Just to add a bit more spice @)

Just seen that someone is selling a pair of 1/4 Tigers in Kent.
A Tiger 1 and a King Tiger complete with radios and chargers.
The 1/4 King Tiger hull is 6' long & 8' with the barrell.

He wants £3500 each for them.

http://www.uktank.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6664

Tim
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

My 1/6 KT used to fit in the back of a ford fiesta , obviously with the back seat folded down , ghost bikes sell quite cheap aluminium folding ramps for quad bikes , work a treat , and I made my workbench out of wood , added heavy duty castors and use the ramps to drive the tank on
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Thanks for that guys a 1/6th king tiger fitting in a fiesta gives me hope lol but lots to think about with the weight and size and finding a place to use it
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

I drove an armortek tiger 1 into the boot of a mini cooper and drove 300 km. king tiger is about 6 inches longer. Tiger 1 is easy to live with. You need some ramps a motorcycle scissor jack and make a trollt for storage.
I would stick with armortek rather than mark 1. I find the space problem is more an issue than weight. I have no intention of lifting a tiger. If size is an issue how about a panzer 111 or stug?
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I have to admit I'm a bit of a king tiger Lover so a smaller tank could be the way but I m still not 100% as storage could be a problem as well im seeing this 1/6th scale idea sinking slowly with problems :'(
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

Horses, I was originally wanting a 1/6 hetzer OR a 1/6 Armortek Panzer 111 or Stug as i thought they would be smaller and easier to move about.
In the end, i drew the dimensions outlined in chalk on the garage floor and in the end decided that there was not a lot in it. All are huge and heavy :crazy:

I therefore got my Panther because one was available that was running but completed to a basic level of detail that would allow me to pimp it a bit.

The thing to remember with Armourtek is that they make limited number batches of tanks, and sometimes only ever one batch gets made.
There has only been one batch of 20 or so Panzer 1V, and i think only one run of the panzer 111 and Stug. There was only one small run of the Comet too.
There have been at least 2 batches of Panthers and King Tigers, but a lot more of Tigers than anything else.

The bottom line is that it is most likely that the Big cats will be more available than anything else but you may get lucky.

Tim
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad

Return to “Larger Scale Military”