Need a favour from someone with a 1/6 th king tiger

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Horses45
Corporal

Need a favour from someone with a 1/6 th king tiger

Post by Horses45 »

As the title says I'm wanting to meet with someone with a 1/6 th king tiger to see how big they are in the flesh so I can see if it is worth spending my hard earned pennies on one ?, as I have always wanted one but with the money saved for a new one I would like to see what they look like first so if anyone can help out having a look at one please get in touch and shifts permitting we can meet up.
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Need a favour from someone with a 1/6 th king tiger

Post by ALPHA »

I would guess it looks very similar to your Torro Metal King Tiger Horses.... except 3 times bigger... 10 times heavier ...and 100% harder to store :haha:

By god Horses... where are you going to put that when you get one 8O

ALPHA
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

Hi Horses, I have an Armortek Panther G and live near Milton Keynes. You are welcome to come and see it if it helps you get a sense of scale.
The 1/6 King Tiger hull would be 3" longer than my Panther, and the overall length roughly 12" longer.
My Panther is massive and cannot be lifted easilly. I had removed the turret, batteries and top deck while i was working on it and tried lifting it onto a table. My wife and i really struggled.

Mark 1 tanks King Tiger are available and a lot cheaper than Armortek. You would have to try and find a 2nd hand one as no longer made. Armorteks are very solid and well made and are virtually indestructable.
Thats where i would (and have) invested my cash.

Cheers

Tim
1/6 Armortek Panther ausf.G
1/6 Armortek Panzer III ausf.J
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Not the right scale Horses... but this video makes me laugh every time ...watch the guy try to push it into the van :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzRx5Z9uLc

this one is just cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yrLSt6nANs

ALPHA
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

i have got one but im in Kent
viewtopic.php?f=150&t=8061
markrussell
Recruit

Post by markrussell »

Hi I have a 1/6 Mark-1-Tank King Tiger with all options that is for sale. Let me know if interested and you are more than welcome to view. I live in North Worcestershire so not too far away!
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Alpha before I make my secret pile of cash dissapear I want to see with my own eyes how big it is in real life so I can judge if I can store it before I buy one and find I have no where to put it lol and thanks to all who have one and willing to show me the proper size of them, and that video is just awesome but is that 1/4 scale or 1/6 scale and as for pushing it with one hand never gonna happen.
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Forgot to say I may be taking you up on the offers just got to figure size then see where I could keep it
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:Alpha before I make my secret pile of cash dissapear I want to see with my own eyes how big it is in real life so I can judge if I can store it before I buy one and find I have no where to put it lol and thanks to all who have one and willing to show me the proper size of them, and that video is just awesome but is that 1/4 scale or 1/6 scale and as for pushing it with one hand never gonna happen.
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...Judging by the second video of the Armortech .... I would say...you might have to give up all plans for your planned yard modification lol...and you might want to consider a trailer or a van purchase Horses ;)

I still remember when I asked the poster who owned the 1/6 Sherman how much it weighted ...that was 200 lbs more or less...a KT?...must be close to 400 8O :haha:

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

That's why I need to see one real life so I can decide either way, but the tank course stays lol if I ever get a chance to get more done with work and other commitments .but fingers crossed that by the end of this year it should be nearlly finished. And looking at some of them videos it could go either way just to big but I really can't say till I see them.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”