Asiatam Tiger 1 Build

SteveDorics
Recruit

Asiatam Tiger 1 Build

Post by SteveDorics »

Hey Guys,

First off, hello all. Fantastic forum :D

Secondly, I just would like to show you my near completed Tiger 1. It is a mixture of Heng Long/Asaitam parts

Just a few little things to do and the decals. This is my first attempt at any model so let me know what you think! :D
Attachments
She once looked like this :)
She once looked like this :)
weather11.JPG
weather12.JPG
weather10.JPG
Red Devils
Staff Sergeant

Re: Asiatam Tiger 1 Build

Post by Red Devils »

That Tiger is looking hot, how do you like the lower Asiatam hull? You running metal or weathered plastic track? Well done dude, she's a sweet looking tank.
The Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
First in the Field - Since 1914.
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Looks good...from your last pic I see that you have the metal turret. How do you like it? Will it support the airsoft gun or just the IR with recoil? Also, the metal main gun looks like it's still stuck in the half-recoil position as the HL plastic version. Or, is that just the angle of the turret in the photo?
SteveDorics
Recruit

Post by SteveDorics »

Hey guys, ok so i got my elmod at least running :)

Question is though the tank doesnt seem to turn very well once moving, like making a nice left or right turn at speed, especially on grass....

Is this normal?? It seems that i have to drive straight, slow down, pivot turn then go on my merry way again. Is this how full size tanks drive?

It also occurred to me that one of the tanks motors spins more then the other. It drives straight but when i want to turn it seems like one is getting more power or something. I know the obvious, one has to spin and the other goes in reverse but when i compare there seems to be a differance...any ideas??

Cheers
Steve
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: hi mate and welcome nice kitty, have you both tracks the same length ?, next is the sprocket screws tightened up and finally are the trims on hand control set try these things if they help, also look at sprocket teeth any worn down ?????
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Steve,

You will find the Tiger is harder to turn on grass due to the extra resistance. From what you saying about turning I think the motors may not be strong enough even with the low ratio gearbox (I found this on my heavy Tiger). Does it appear to have enough power going straight (both motors working together) but struggles on turns (only one motor working). I ended up putting these http://alshobbies.com/shop/cat.php?id=365 which have great low speed torque.

Or it might all be down to the ElMod and it's inertia or physics engine which is trying to create it as true to the real thing. Maybe change it to a light tank or something and see if it changes, that way proving whether it is the ElMod or not.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
SteveDorics
Recruit

Post by SteveDorics »

Tankbear wrote:Hi Steve,

You will find the Tiger is harder to turn on grass due to the extra resistance. From what you saying about turning I think the motors may not be strong enough even with the low ratio gearbox (I found this on my heavy Tiger). Does it appear to have enough power going straight (both motors working together) but struggles on turns (only one motor working). I ended up putting these http://alshobbies.com/shop/cat.php?id=365 which have great low speed torque.

Or it might all be down to the ElMod and it's inertia or physics engine which is trying to create it as true to the real thing. Maybe change it to a light tank or something and see if it changes, that way proving whether it is the ElMod or not.

Ian.
Thanks Ian, all is pretty much spot on now :) The motors are plenty powerfull

Question for you guys. What is some prototypical numbers/markings i can use for my tank. It is from 1943 Russian summer.
SteveDorics
Recruit

Post by SteveDorics »

Just a little vid testing out the sound & electronics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4z_PSEIuWE
SteveDorics
Recruit

Post by SteveDorics »

Alrighty guys its been a long time since posting but i have changed the Tiger a fair bit

I have taken off all the fenders and side skirts, got rid of the elmod & replaced with a Clark TK22/TBS Benedini Mini and added some solid mud effects

Here is the latest video showing the TBS mini sound loaded with the King Tiger sound set
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Hi Steve...............

Thanks for demonstrating the Benedni TBS mini, do you think there are any drawback in using it with an original RX18 unit and upgraded Transmitter ?
Just wondering how it compares with the clark TK22 . ?

Gordo
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".

Return to “Tiger I”