Main Gun Probs

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
caddyshack
Sergeant

Main Gun Probs

Post by caddyshack »

Hi all
New here and this is my 1st post :D

i have a Heng long Tiger 1. The main gun will not raise or lower, i can hear a motor kick in when the stick is moved on the hand set.

Also the high-tension flasher (fitted by factory) is not flashing ..

Any one have any thoughts as to what am looking at to fix the above.

Thx.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
blimp
Sergeant

Re: Main Gun Probs

Post by blimp »

If it is new , contact the vendor for a replacement .
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi and welcome caddyshack.

I had simular issue with my tiger. General replies I got was check the wiring. (I try find it and add a link).

When you say you can hear the motor, are you sure it is the motor (it's quiet) or the speaker sound effect?

I never got to the cause of mine as every time i stripped the tank down and checked it worked, worked when put back together. then would stop again after a bit. For now it working and has for a while now.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

link

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... ion#p68801" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hopefully will help.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

thx for the reply..

The tank was bought as a gift, there is no paper work for it..so can't send it to anyone for a replacement.

as i have said when the gun stick is pulled a noise comes from the tank, weather this is the motor, or the speaker picking up some thing am not sure.

I have never taking one of these apart, so i was hoping that some one who has can put me in the right direction for the repairs needed.

Thx again
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Taking apart is easy.

At the back there is 4 plast pipes pull them off the elbows (might be tight first time). Remove tracks, turn upside down.

There is three philips screws in holes one near from of tank and two at back near battery cover release. then there is 3 on each side above the tracks (one side has 5, the 2 extra are holding the speaker in place) just remove the 3 as other side.

Now you can lift the top off the base. Unplug wires and should be able to seperate the two.

Now top half up side down remove 3 screws holding turret gear, now can remove turret. Might need to move wires for more space.

Finally turret upside down and 5 more screws.

Sounds complicated but is easier to understand when in front of you.

If like you say the flash unit isn't working check everything is plugged in fully.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

Just like to say thx for all the help 8)

And thx Tankbear for the step by step..pulled it apart and found a red wire off, so quick easy fix all is working well now.

All that is left is to test out side when the rain stops :D

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Glad you got it sorted.

Yeah shame rain stops us having fun with the tanks.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “General Questions”