Tamiya M26 Pershing MF 03 unit

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
windpower
Recruit

Tamiya M26 Pershing MF 03 unit

Post by windpower »

Hi Guys , got some issue(s) with my MF 03 unit on my Tamiya Pershing. Done the self- check bit (all functions working , red /gren light etc etc) but no drive from motors ? Engine sounds increase with throttle fwd / rev but no movement on motors. Led's on DMD T06 light from green to red too ? Any ideas chaps please ? It was working but now not ! Although an electrician , my electronics knowledge is limited.
P.S. The motors DO work when the DMD t06 unit is connected to a DIFFERENT MF unit (from my Jagdpanther ).

many thanks

Mark
sparks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tamiya M26 Pershing MF 03 unit

Post by sparks »

Hi windpower,
I havn't got a sollution to your problem, but had a duff MF-03 unit myself. Not the same problems though. The fact that all works well with another MF unit probably means yours has packed in too, If its not under warranty, I think you may have to shell out for another unit as I did. Strangely enough, I'm an electrician too, must be a conspiracy :D
If you do have to get a new one try Jasons Store (JCRC) on e-Bay good price and fast shipping.
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Sparks it should of been obvious to me you were an electrician. Small world. Sax
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
sparks

Post by sparks »

Hi Sax,
Is that your line of work too ?
Sometimes wish I new a bit more on the electronics side, but each to his own
sparks
Woof woof woof !
windpower
Recruit

Post by windpower »

Oh dear ! oh dear ! oh b******s ! NEW MF-03 unit will not work ! same fault as old one ? motors rev (sound only) but will not turn? They will work fine with MF -04 unit from JP and MF-05 from Pz IV. Please don't tell me that I've been sent a duff new unit from jason ??

windpower
maintcoder
Private

Post by maintcoder »

Doesn't the Tamiya Pershing have some sort of clutch type behavior to the forward and reverse motion? I remember reading somewhere that it it doesn't engage immediately to mimic some sort of shifting action. Could that explain the behavior?
windpower
Recruit

Post by windpower »

Thanks for your input maintcoder but I've tried all sorts of motions and even reversed the MF-03 to go with a DMD t-03 - same fault , no drive on motors.Think I must now have TWO duff units. Seems unlikely , but I've exhausted all possibilities and now only left with a probability !
sparks

Post by sparks »

If the tank works with the other MF units, it seems that nis the obvious answer :thumbdown: , I suppose anything is possible, these things are all mass produced.
But if that is the case, I'm sure you will have no trouble getting Jasons store to replace it.
Contact them asap and let them know the situation.
Woof woof woof !
sparks

Post by sparks »

Just seen maintcoders reply, and yes that rings a bell, you have to put the thottle trim fully backward and give the throttle stick a sharp backward movement to engage the gears,
but thought that would have been tried as it tells you in the manual.
sparks
Woof woof woof !
windpower
Recruit

Post by windpower »

Thanks sparks , I'll give it a go on sat - I'll let you know how I get on. if you see me posting a picture of a donkey , you'll know why !!

thanks

windpower

Return to “General Questions”