Options past heng long electronics

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
10 horse mclaren
Recruit

Options past heng long electronics

Post by 10 horse mclaren »

HI
I have come to the conclusion that if im going to persue this as a hobby with my son I have to be able to find a way to get rid of the Hl electronics side of it. I have looked at the Elmod bits and another set up, but both seem to offer more to teh IR tank battle side of things than I want.
In reality all I am looking for is a way to use a decent duel speed controler with a good quality radio set up. Maybe something from Futaba or one of the other good makes.

After ordering a few bits of HL electronics from Ebay and being ripped off, and then finding the bits i have been sent dont work I see this as the only option.
For teh time i am going to fit another RX18 unit and reciever from Forgebear (I wish I had found him earlier!). BUt later on I will want to make the move to decent electronics.

Ill take the chance and plug Forgebear one more time, GOOD GUY TO DEAL WITH.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Options past heng long electronics

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi the elmod units are great , but dearer then hl and the ir side is seperate so you could go that route, or for around the same money you could get that tamiya dmd/mfu units
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi As Ice as pointed out both Tamiya and el-mod are very good ,you dont have to buy the I.R. stuff for either ,but if you later wanted to go to a meeting, then you could add the I.R. which is on both Types it is quite easy to retro-fit.

regards pete
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

I use elmod and have no IR fitted. I also use futaba 7c. Expensive but works really well and sounds great with Heng Long. If doing another 1/16 tank I will probably try a Tamiya as the upgrades to the Heng Long cost too much compared to the original cost of tank.

Return to “Heng Long”