Anyone guess what it is?

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Anyone guess what it is?

Post by MarkofZollo »

Just starting a new project as the Perrier truck came in the post. Just wondering if anyone can guess what it is, equation is as follows;

+

+ (some of this)

= ?

All comments/guesses welcome :D
Dave
There is always a fifth Sherman
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Anyone guess what it is?

Post by mcevoyi »

a studebaker ???

or a 6 wheels water deliver truck ??
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Air force emergency response truck? Just watching a war movie and the Studebaker truck to the rescue.Or it could be an Naval department delivery truck? Marine corp. personnel truck for raw recruits? Coast guard contraband truck?

I give up, yea I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Saxondog
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I got it, ammunition truck for 88 H.E. and A.P. shells for the Wehrmache. Africa DAK maybe?
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Lol this is fun :D , simplicity is the key. Im one of these odd types who likes the bog standard common military vehicles of WW2.
Just look at the shape of the Chevys cab, and if you know what the real IJ truck in the film was made from (key is the wheels!), you have the answer :thumbup:
Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by MarkofZollo on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Yeah near enough :clap: , if I use the IJ trucks chassis it may be a 352 rather than a 353 (something I have wanted for a while) but I may have to start from scratch. Plus Im hoping I may be able to use the remainder of the Chevy to start a 30cwt build.
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Had a bit of a play around with the look last night after removing the Chevy cab,

This is just an idea, not sure if I will use IJ chassis as it is a bit wide for what I want, I may make a scratch one from.....I dont know what?
Result of removing cab;

Hans thinking WTF??? Lol

Source of my measurements and references etc: http://www.o5m6.de/gmc_cckw352.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , has anyone seen a similar website but for US vehicles rather than Russian lend-lease stuff so I can be sure? I have worked out the wheelbase is between the 352 and the 353, so mine will be a 352.5 :D
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

looking good so far :thumbup:
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Right update, been meaning to do this for a few days now. I have given up on the IJ truck chassis, it is pants, so I have scratch built one from wood mainly which means I can go the full whack and do the CCKW 353 as I have the length ;) :haha:
Its all varnished so should be suitably protected to last, although I did make an error with length which may be noticable lol

I made a demonstration of how the rear axle set-up works which I am really chuffed with, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh2LBcVbfoU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for a first go I think its quite good, although a few things to refine but should be good :D
Cheers, Dave (appologies for the poor lighting, an electrician is coming to fix up lights tomorrow as my landlord is useless!! >:< )

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”