HL Tiger with elmod electronics

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

HL Tiger with elmod electronics

Post by tiger205 »

well, i might as well kick this one off,  my tiger has all elmod modules in her.  a blaster, with updated cpu, a TLS with updated chip and provision for servo's, a booster, with updated chip, and a tank drive, coupled to this is a futaba 6ex 2.4ghz radio and r606fs reciever.
what do i think of the elmod setup, currently as good as youre likely to get, my tiger, since i put it in, it is like a different tank, very low speed driveing is no longer jerky, turning on grass or carpet used to be difficult at the best of times, but now its like turning on a smooth surface, and going up steep inclines is no longer a problem, it goes up hills almost like there not there. the electronics are really reliable no problems at all, i dont even need a cooling fan in the Tiger(she weighs 12lbs) normally you need a fan when the tank weighs this much, not so with elmod, the booster has a thermal cut out which protects your investment, but i have never had it cut in yet, a testament to the quality of the elmod setup i think, the blaster is almost like having a stereo in you tank, the sounds that come on the sd card are fantastic, recorded from the real thing, i believe, you can also put youre own sounds on it, if you know what your doing with a pc(i dont,really). the only real downside to elmod, is the price, it is dear, but then you pay for what you get, the quality is 1st rate i think, but i do think it could be a bit cheaper. another bonus i think, is the aftersales service you get from thomas and jurgen at elmod, its top draw, you cant buy service like that.
lastly, heres a few pic's of the elmod modules in my Tiger

Tony 8)
Last edited by tiger205 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL Tiger with elmod electronics

Post by Matdragon »

nice man, youve got loads of space free! with that space have you ever thought of putting in 2 batteries?

and is it me, or cant i see a speaker ??? like the 6 channel receiver, what do you get more or better with that than a 4 channel ???

cheers mate,

Matt
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

matt the pic's you see are a little out of date, i have 2 speakers in her, a hl one and an elmod one, believe me there is no room in there for 2 batteries, let alone anything else, i will take some more pics when i take her apart next time, the 6channel rx is more versatile than a 4 channel jobby, i think it would give you more but ive not really tried, too much else on, i went for this radio set because it was a 2.4ghz set, and it only cost £150 from sussex model centre

Tony 8)

Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hey thanks mate, £150 ??? thats not cheap ...

ok, point taken about having no room LOL

im my super pershing (to be) i dont think i can actually put the top on, and ive still got a tone of wires to add and the Blaster, and re-coil, and gun flash, and the CSI ... the list continues lol

cheers,

Matt
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

i can borrow you my lump hammer if you want, its great at making things fit ;D ;D ;D

Tony 8)

BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

Matt, I've a nice big vice that you can borrow to squeeze the two halves together
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

thanks guys, although ill just stamp on it oh roll the car over it, im sure that work fine and plus it will save on postage LOL ;D

cheers,,

matt
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

matt aint you to young too drive ;D ;D ;D

Tony 8)

Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

yes but i can ;D we have ascrapyard the a guy owns nearby that people pay to use, we take the go-cart (now sold) down their occasionally, and i end up racing it round in the car ! im used to driving i did alot when i went on work experience LOL ;D

cheers,

matt
madbadger
Private

Post by madbadger »

so 3 units provide all functions you need? what modules do you need for this, i may strip out the HL bits in my modified KT and fit Elmod.

cheers

Kev

Return to “El-Mod”