straight line winds of 120 MPH

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Saxondog
Captain

straight line winds of 120 MPH

Post by Saxondog »

Guy's I have had little sleep,weather rolled in last night and sirens have been going off for the last 35hrs.Straight line winds well over 120mph have been recorded around Memphis on both sides of the Mississippi River.At times you could surf the waves if the wind did not suck you up.This is what happens every year in this region,the river is just a mile wide shut for the weather to bast through, tornado's are very common,and have often damaged many home,last year the straight line winds wiped out a shopping mall,just blew it away,gone.Someone has to stay up and watch the alerts on tv,once its on you their is no time to get ready,mattresses in both bath rooms as the bath tube is the safest place to take shelter.I'm tired guy;s so sorry to ramble on.My plans to run the Tiger for hours tomorrow is canceled do to 8inches of rain in a matter of hours. Blake
Saxondog
Captain

Re: straight line winds of 120 MPH

Post by Saxondog »

tried to copy and paste the local weather radar,about ten miles from me near interstate 40,97mph winds,semi trucks blown over at rest stop parked and just waiting it out. http://www.wmctv.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; check out the local radar
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

sounds to me like your having a load of fun there Blake :O

stick in there blake superglue your feet to the floor :thumbup:
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

But if the bath tub is full of tanks, where are you and the family going to go :S

Keith 8)
majordisastor
Lance Corporal

Post by majordisastor »

Ouch!!
Thats a weather front that means business ! I hope you wont have to stick as many bits back onto your house as you have done to your models....

Keep your head down and stay safe..
It always gets darkest before it goes completley black......
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Well guys we survived,house ok just some damage from my next door neighbors tree but not a problem,a little trim work and had to fix the cable line as the branch snapped it where it connects to the house.But it was something last night,were lucky people still without power,the good thing about living in the older parts of the city,power lines run under ground for the most part.We are down the street from a sub station.All is well and I ever was able to paint today,but the back yard Tiger driving did not happen,it a swamp.cheers Blake
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

glad your ok ,thats some wind, i thought we had a bad day with rain all day ,but in comparison it was nothing
regards, cliff
mt 1
Staff Sergeant

Post by mt 1 »

good to hear you all survived it ok :thumbup:
mickyb
Corporal

Post by mickyb »

Hi Sax,

Glad you all survived the big blow. We see lots of news about the high winds and waters that you lot suffer from in the US. I often wonder why you all stay in the same area rather than move to a safer area. Why is that???? I think that I would move way inland.

Just to let you know that we had some terrible wind here in south England last night....I put it down to a curry and a few beers, No rain to worry about :/

Stay safe Sax

Mike
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

hay there sax !

glad your ok ... been seeing footage on the news here in the uk ... look quite bad ... but glad your ok !

iain

Return to “Off topic”