EL-MOD

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Tracks
Recruit

EL-MOD

Post by Tracks »

Plz, could one of you el-mod users, tell me if the power led on the blaster module should be constant, or blinking?
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: EL-MOD

Post by wibblywobbly »

Blinks while awaiting a signal, then permanent when it has found one.

If it doesn't stop blinking then check the order of the wires into the rx, especially the power connector, it is usually the reverse of the channel connectors.

If all appears ok, check the connections on the plug that goes onto the main board, they can be loose inside the heatshrink.

If the tank runs without the blaster board then they are ok.

If that is ok, and you have a Soundblaster III, then check that all of the pins are in their sockets where it plugs into the main board.

If that is ok, carefully check that the sim card is in correctly and that the holder is closed.

Any probs just ask.

Cheers

Rob G
Tracks
Recruit

Post by Tracks »

Hi, rob thanks for the reply, the light is red and always on, the thing is im trying to insall with hl adapter but get no response.. other than the elmod leds telling me everythings ok. I can fiddle the cables and fire main gun through the rx18, but cant start it up or do anything else with it.. is the minus wire on the hl reciver the green, because i think it may be to do with that side of things, its the ir version of the jagdpanther.

steve
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If you are referring to the HL 3 pin connector, the wires are V+, Sig, Gnd.

I haven't used the HL version of the Elmod set up, however, if you are getting the gun to fire then I would imagine that the rx board is hooked up correctly.

Have you tried slowly moving the left stick to each diagonal, as it seems that you are missing the engine ignition. Unless the tank has started you won't get any other functionality.

You could also try changing the crystals, especially if the ones you are using are not 01-03, as the higher numbers sometimes cause problems.

Rob G
Tracks
Recruit

Post by Tracks »

Thats the prob, just cant get it started, but i have noticed that the main light and mg lights are on, although faint.
must of got somthing wrong..

Thanks for your input, when ive a bit more time ill look at it again. So the minus wire on the reciver is it the green, which would make it the middle one or black?

steve
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

HL change their wire colours so the only way to figure them out is to change them over on the Elmod end.

Not being able to start can be down to the common 'crystal issue'. I and a few others have had the same problem with RX18's. Switch the tank on, lights flash, but nothing else. It appears to be a malfunction, but it is often just the crystals. Try putting them back in again as it may just be a loose contact on either the tx or rx.

Lights are faint?.....is that battery charged right up? It will never start if its not.

Cheers

Rob G

Return to “El-Mod”