Setting up a DX5E for Tamiya tanks

Discuss your radio gear here!
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Setting up a DX5E for Tamiya tanks

Post by Yellowshaker »

Guys, I purchased a Tamiya Pershing used and it is my first Tamiya tank. I bought a Spektrum DX5E and BR6000 receiver for it and figured I would install it and off I'd go. Well, I was wrong because upon performing the settings per the Tamiya manual, the tank would not respond to full stick commands such as firing the main gun, machine gun and getting the Pershing in gear was not consistent at all.
Here is the trick. the Tamiya manual says to press the setup button and then you have to move the left and right sticks in a full sweep up/down and left/right, then press the setup button again and you're done. To get the DX5E to work correctly you will only move the sticks about 50-60% of the full travel during setup. Once completed you should only have to move the throttle trim down to get the tank in gear. For the main gun and machine gun all you need to do is move the stick fully up or down quickly and they should work fine.
I worked on this for 2 days before I got it to work, so I thought I'd share it here and hoefully save someone else the trouble. :thumbup:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Return to “Radio Gear”