Published Tips and Tricks Tutorials.

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Published Tips and Tricks Tutorials.

Post by Matdragon »

Hi guys,

ive been thinking, with this new software i have the ability to creat extra pages that fit in witht the theme of the website, and are limitless (unlike the old one which you couldnt even get extra pages with).

Their are some really good tutorials and guides in the tips and tricks section of the forum. Now i was wondering, what would you guys think if i could co-ordinate with the authors of the realy good tutorials such as the painting and weathering panzer grey thread, and turn it into a proper tutorial page, rather than a thread.

The threads would remain, and a new board would be created for the questions inside tips and tricks. Each page would contain the actual tutorial / guide, and then at the bottom a link to the orriginal thread, and to the question's thread, where people can ask questions about the tutorial.

I would create a new link / tab / button at the top to the right of downloads, called 'Tutorials' (sound ok ?) Their would be an index page with a links to all the other pages of the tutorials.

The tutorials would be properly credited to the orriginal auther, and i wil make the pages, so its no hassle for the author.

let me know what ou think, and if any of it made sense.

cheers,

Matt
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Re: Published Tips and Tricks Tutorials.

Post by grim_marmazet »

Sounds great to me Matt, it would be good to have all the helpful tutorials easily viewable.
Cheers,
Rik
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

cheers Rik.

Ive made the tutorials index page and a test tutorial quickly just so you guys can see sort of what it would look like,

obviously you wouldnt have to follow this link, their would be a button for it in the website navigation bar.

http://rctankwarfare.co.cc/forums/tutorials.php

cheers,

Matt
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Its a good idea I think - a lot of the time the tutorial gets lost amid people's comments

I can convert my 2 tutorials on fitting centering springs to the spektrum radios to pdf, once I get back to the office in a couple of weeks. Same goes for the Panzer IV Schurzen parts.
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

That looks great Matt, feel free to add my rolled steel texture tutorial. I'll be adding some more soon.
Cheers,
Rik
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Cheers rik and mart,

but mart, PDF ? a word document will be fine because ill be putting the tutorials onto a html page anyway.

cheers,

Matt
mt 1
Staff Sergeant

Post by mt 1 »

nice one matt,one click tutorials 8) 8)
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

yup, thats the idea :D

Rik as you said you didnt mind so i put up your steel texture one,

gives a better idea of what it will be like, except the link to the question thread will work.

cheers,

Matt

p.s. again :

http://rctankwarfare.co.cc/forums/tutorials.php
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Thats cool Matt, though it didnt import the pictures though. I used imageshack for them, could that be why?
Cheers,
Rik
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

done some figuring, and seems you can see the pictures in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer.

going to try and fix it now.

cheers,

Matt

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”