My Sherman FireFly

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

My Sherman FireFly

Post by FireflyKeith »

Here is my Sherman FireFly as it is at the moment, i'll probably have changed something by the time you read this post, i have had it for a couple of years now and everytime i think i have finished ........ (you know the rest) ::) It is not historically accurate but hey, here are a few pics and a video clip.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7WP6-3ArM
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Re: My Sherman FireFly

Post by Mackem »

looks good to me, especially the crew  ;) ;) ;D ;D
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

Cheers, i am working on some towing eyes for the front so my tow cable can go somewhere and i think i might need to darken the weathering a bit more ( the greasy, dirty look )
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

i agree with mackem, is that oddball from kellys heros(my al time favourite war film) i have a sherman coming for x-mas, i want to do a firefly myself, so i may well pick your brains at some point after x-mas, who really cares if its not historically accurate when it looks this good, a top tank,

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

very nice firefly , i like the pic with the rear of the tank silouetted, very dramatic shot that .
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

WOOF WOOF. yes it is Oddball, i dont think you can have a Sherman without him ;D  i will be happy to help as much as i can when you start your build Tony, will you be getting a brand new kit.
Wight
Lance Corporal

Post by Wight »

Nice Firefly conversion.
As to the historical accuracy of it,who's to say that it's not a conversion that was done in the field?
As far as I am aware there was a lot of mixing and matching components from part damaged shermans in repair workshops.A lot of this work was more than likely undocumented.I think it's perfectly feaseable.
Also,the Americans did mount the british 17 pounder on the HVSS hull,although it never saw active service in WW2.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

hi FireflyKeith
                    yes my x-mas prezzy is a brand new kit, we got it from an ebay seller in hong kong, postage was dear £76, but even so it was way way cheaper than anywhere here, will dig his name out if your interested, he does all the tamiya tanks, or most of them,  Thanks i will call on you when i start mine. one thing i am going to get for it is some vvss covers from imperial in germany, they are'nt a full suspension, just covers, only 34 euros,
and your right, you cant have a sherman with out oddball, even though he swapped his sherman for a T34/Tiger ::)

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

Best way to buy Tamiya if your in the UK, i got mine from Hong Kong via ebay, yes p&p was dear but i had it within a week off payment and all for under £250 i also got my Futaba Attack 4 from Hong Kong again fast delivery and no problems ;D
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

That is gorgeous. Oddball has to go in the tank - it's the law lol.

If I ever get enough space I reckon the Sherman would be my next project.

Return to “Show Off”