First Pershing tank

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
scottlarkins
Recruit

First Pershing tank

Post by scottlarkins »

Got this HL Pershing tank for my birthday. I modified it to be a TE263E from WW II. Took a few weeks to modify and repaint. Hope you like.
Attachments
Telephone wire.jpeg
Telephone wire.jpeg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 640 times
Shell door hinge hole.jpeg
Shell door hinge hole.jpeg (516.74 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Horn.jpeg
Horn.jpeg (907.23 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Fuel tank straps.jpeg
Fuel tank straps.jpeg (954.13 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Med kit straps.jpeg
Med kit straps.jpeg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 640 times
Right side.jpeg
Right side.jpeg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 640 times
Outdoor pic.jpg
Outdoor pic.jpg (375.61 KiB) Viewed 640 times
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: First Pershing tank

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening,
It looks Tough like a Pershing should. Thanks for showing us the Pics. They and your Tank are very much appreciated!
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I agree with Painless: thank you for following our custom of doing and introduction and then diving right in with photos of your Pershing. So what's up next, I say, twisting your arm. :haha:
We are in the middle of a 23/24 Winter/D-Day Group Build here on RCTW, and I am re-doing a Taigen T26E3. I do not know the HengLong Pershing at all, but I chose the very similar Taigen Pershing for my Winter/D=Day 23/24 Group Build fun. As I was working more closely with the Taigen Pershing, which I've had for some time, I realized that it actually is a T25E3, not an M26. That was perfect, as I was building the Pershing recalling my visit over fifty years ago to the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Me likey! Me very much likey. Nice touches, the subtle chipping does it well.

Now. Whats the plan for the tracks?
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

Awesome! I love me some Pershing! So many little details. I like the rust paint on the tracks, too.

Though, it looks like you've got a broken link on the tanks right track. I can see a missing end cap on the last picture.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
scottlarkins
Recruit

Post by scottlarkins »

MrChef wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:27 pm Me likey! Me very much likey. Nice touches, the subtle chipping does it well.

Hey Chef, I see you found me here too. If you look at the last pic of my tank in the mulch, I managed to burnish and rust the tracks just like you suggested on the Motion RC site.
scottlarkins
Recruit

Post by scottlarkins »

Roboticus_Prime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:44 pm Awesome! I love me some Pershing! So many little details. I like the rust paint on the tracks, too.

Though, it looks like you've got a broken link on the tanks right track. I can see a missing end cap on the last picture.
Thanks, Roboticus. I just took a look at my tracks, and all is in good shape, must just be the angle. But I do appreciate the concern. I'd be really upset if that was true as the tank is only 2 months old, and I've only run it outside once.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

scottlarkins wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:19 pm
MrChef wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:27 pm Me likey! Me very much likey. Nice touches, the subtle chipping does it well.

Hey Chef, I see you found me here too. If you look at the last pic of my tank in the mulch, I managed to burnish and rust the tracks just like you suggested on the Motion RC site.
Ha ha, well I appreciate the nice work you've done sir. I'm glad you've joined up here too. Yes, yes, my mistake I do see the tracks lookin blackened and weathered in the last pic. I went over to the Squawk to compare notes and refresh. Keep on tankin sir.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I like what you have done with this and like me you have come up with a field mod idea for the mg ammo storage. I made a rack for mine but the rope used on yours is just as effective and perhaps better looking
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
scottlarkins
Recruit

Post by scottlarkins »

Exhibitedbrute wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:16 pm I like what you have done with this and like me you have come up with a field mod idea for the mg ammo storage. I made a rack for mine but the rope used on yours is just as effective and perhaps better looking
Thank you, sir. I tried to think what the men in the field might come up with if they had limited supplies. I just used some old stretched and waxed rope I had left over from my wood model ships I make.

Return to “Show Off”