Panther Amewi

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rob59
Sergeant

Panther Amewi

Post by Rob59 »

Hello guys.
I would like to show you, what I made of my Amewi Panther.
This was a very low cost project, everything I used on the Panther, I had laying around. The ony parts I had to buy, were the metal exhausts.
The tank came with metal tracks, metal idlers and metal sprocket wheels.
Changes I made: printed cover over the headlight, grills on top of the engine deck (made from a metal kitchen sieve), metal tow cable on the left side, took the stock exhaust covers off, because I did not have enough room for the legs from some guys sitting at the engine deck. Changed them for some metal ones from eBay.
I added a Hinterhalt Tarnung (ambush camo), and in the end I put an enamel wash from AK over it.
This AK wash is a very nice product, because you can change the darkness of the wash with white spirit, if it is too dark to your opinion, in the end.
You can even do this when everything has dried up!
At first I did not paint the grey looking metal tracks, but in the end it did not feel good to me.
I was in doubt, which color should I take....brownish/muddy, or just plain flat black?
Decided to go the black way, because while driving outdoors they would get dust and mud on them, which should make 'm look just as they should be.
Because I had a driver and radio operator figure, I had to open the driver's hatch. Underneath the hatch from the radio operator, there was the on/off switch.
This one had to move to the right side storage box at the rear, otherwise I had not enough room for the radio operator.
I did made an opening in the bottom of the box through which I can turn the Panzer on and off.
The skirts are made of aluminum, brackets are brass.
Skirts are screwed onto the brackets with 1.4mm screws/nuts, which are very visible in the enlarged pics. But while driving outdoors, you won't notice that at all.
I know, far from scale, but in fact that's not really important to me! The overall looks and the fact that everything must stay where it is while driving outdoors, is far more important to me.
Upper and lower hull aren't screwed together yet, that's why you might see this on some pics (or you even do not notice it at all...?)
The road wheels are not aligned, so I must figure out how to solve this.
But those are some minor changes, which does not affact these pics.
Enough talking, now go to some pics.
Enjoy!

Imageupload images

Last edited by Rob59 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rob59
Sergeant

Re: Panther Amewi

Post by Rob59 »

Part II

Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Part III, with some crew members:

Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

And the last part, now with some tankriders, 18 figures in total:

Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Actually, this is supposed to be a Panther in Winter camo/White Wash.
But in fact, I was too scared to muck up the Camo and White Wash with the white paint.
I did try the Hairspray trick on a Panzer III turret, but the results were very disappointing to me!
And besides that, you are a bit limited with a white tank driving outdoors.
It looks a bit odd, riding a white tank with tank riders in winter clothing when it ia 25C outside, right?
And there are plenty of pics of non white tanks in a winterland at the Eastern front, so I do not have to worry about that either!
Hope you enjoyed my pics anyway.
Regards, Rob.

BTW, this is the original pic from the Panther at the Eastern Front:

MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Absolutely awesome work. As a Panther fanboy and also being a Panther "refresher" I truly appreciate your work. And funny enough as soon as I saw your Panther with the roadwheel mounted where it is I immediately remembered the period pic you have posted.

Great work sir! and I get the apprehension with winter camo but don't be afraid of the whitewash.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

:clap: Amazing!! Enough said.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Nice ambush scheme!

Mike.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Staggering :clap: :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Thnkzz guys
Rob.

Return to “Show Off”