Current Heng Long prices on ebay

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Bcorson
Recruit

Current Heng Long prices on ebay

Post by Bcorson »

Hello everyone, hope all is going well.
I'm only 2 months into this hobby and maybe a redundant subject but it seems
To me the current prices for these tanks from China have become a little ridiculous.
I always go to the newly listed on eBay and have noticed a sharp increase in price ( only the ones from China. Toucan here in the states seems to be the same has it has been) over the last week. Maybe this is a normal trend. Just curious as I hope this is not a glimpse of things to come.
Nickjagman
Recruit

Re: Current Heng Long prices on ebay

Post by Nickjagman »

Hi Bcorson,
Ive noticed the same with parts from China,stuff ive bought only a week before has suddenly doubled in price,from the same supplier!!!!
Luckily we have forgebear in the UK,genuine parts at genuine prices.
Pershing,
Tiger 1,
M41A3 Bulldog,
M1A2Abrams
:headbang: ms
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Bcorson wrote:Hello everyone, hope all is well.
I've only been into this hobby a short time but it seems to me the prices of the newly listed Heng Long products on eBay from China have become ridiculous. Toucan and others are the same ( here in the states anyway). Is this just a normal trend? I'm hopping it's not a sign of things to come.
It's the new norm. The days of the $50 HL are gone

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

We are right in the middle of the Chinese factories holiday period so as the stores run out the prices go up,
It happens every year and still people are surprised.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the info.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Toucan has been running sales since October when I picked up the Tiger I. I know on Facebook groups they've been trying to push stuff out of their warehouses in the US. Just gotta shop around. There are good deals to be had. Motion RC currently has sales as well.

The best deals I've been seeing are on Ebay auctions. But you gotta know who the seller is, going prices, options and account for shipping.

Which model are you looking at?

Shipping has definitely become insane.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

I'm looking at either a Stug III or a Panzer IV as my next purchase, sometime end of February but if a Tiger I comes along at a better price then I might go for that.
I've been doing research on the best/safest dealers and so far it seems to be Motion RC or Toucan, here in the states anyway. I'm sure there are more to consider.
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

Hi Nickjaman,
I reposted this in the right place and was informed that it's the middle of Chinese holidays and this is what happens. Apparently it happens to some extent annually. That's how I understood it anyway.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Bcorson wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:37 pm I'm looking at either a Stug III or a Panzer IV as my next purchase, sometime end of February but if a Tiger I comes along at a better price then I might go for that.
I've been doing research on the best/safest dealers and so far it seems to be Motion RC or Toucan, here in the states anyway. I'm sure there are more to consider.
I'm currently watching Tiger I prices for Heng Long, Taigen and Torro.

If you're into a Tiger Toucan has almost the same prices as last year for varying upgrades. It used to be you could get a full plastic version for $99. now that's about $116.

A Panzer iv and Panzer iii, is on sale on Motion rc for an upgrade version with metal gearbox for $129. Thats pretty good imo. Motion also has the late Torro Tiger I on sale for $479. These are good deals since Motion includes shipping for over $100. Toucan likes to play with shipping costs on Ebay so they may have several tanks at lesser price but charge more for shipping. And this is all US stock shipped within the US.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

I've noticed Toucans magical mystery shipping prices. They sell through Amazon with free shipping but the product is $20-30 more than they sell on eBay , and from their website it's just crazy. Patience is the name of the game here me thinks.

Return to “General Discussion”