Tamiya Type 10 turret removal

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Tamiya Type 10 turret removal

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gday folks
Got a mate with a Tamy Type 10 that is in need of a paint job & a clean up.
Hes very pedantic about how such things are done & needs to remove the turret from it to get the new paint work done.
He has the instructions but is still uncertain on how it comes apart.
Does the entire turret internal electronic & hardware need to be dismantled?
Is there another method to getting the turret off in one piece?

Appreciate any guidance on offer.

Cheers
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TAMUYA TYPE 10 TURRET REMOVAL

Post by Ecam »

I don't know that tank, but both the Pershing and Tiger I the turret is turned about 30 degrees to the left and it lifts out. The Tammy Sherman is 90 degrees. Either way the upper has to be off to disconnect the wires obviously. I'd tell him to pull the turret drive motor and swing the turret till it lines up with the notches in the upper (assuming that Tamiya stays true to the example I have.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ecam wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:49 am I don't know that tank, but both the Pershing and Tiger I the turret is turned about 30 degrees to the left and it lifts out. The Tammy Sherman is 90 degrees. Either way the upper has to be off to disconnect the wires obviously. I'd tell him to pull the turret drive motor and swing the turret till it lines up with the notches in the upper (assuming that Tamiya stays true to the example I have.

Thanks Mr Ecam, but thats the issue, no notches in these things :problem:
Not a lot on line with these really.
Id say if a body has one, then they know. A bit of voodoo & Ouija board stuff if you dont :crazy:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Gday folks
Got a mate with a Tamy Type 10 that is in need of a paint job & a clean up.
Hes very pedantic about how such things are done & needs to remove the turret from it to get the new paint work done.
He has the instructions but is still uncertain on how it comes apart.
Does the entire turret internal electronic & hardware need to be dismantled?
Is there another method to getting the turret off in one piece?

Appreciate any guidance on offer.

Cheers
Hey Herman,

You need to disconnect the power cable which is a deans connector and there's a single communication cable which comes from the lower hull (irc) which you need to disconnect. Then it's just 5 screws.

Much easier is to rotate the turret as you go to paint but different stokes for different folks eh.Image

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cheers Mr Hugill
I get ya, but different strokes indeed.
We all have a way we like to do this thing we do, and he has his way.
These will be very helpful, thanks again.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tamiya Type 10 turret removal

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Turret is off.
Thanks again for helping out.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Questions”