Preferred FlySky components .

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Preferred FlySky components .

Post by John Glover »

Hi Guys ,asking for advise ,looking to purchase a FlySky i16x.Off their B series receivers they have a 6 channel unit or a ten channel unit. This is for a Tamiya King Tiger full option. Recommendations please as I am a electronics dummy but I want to learn. Any help is much appreciated .Regards John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Preferred FlySky components .

Post by Ecam »

I bought a 6 channel Flysky wheel type system for my duck builds. Only had 4 channels with full servo control (1,2,5 & 6). 3 is an on/off button and 4 is a 3 position switch. If it were me I'd go for the 10 channel, don't have to use them all. I have a Spektrum 10 channel (for airplane use) it also has 4 full servo controls and 6 toggle switches. One thing I do like about these newer systems is multi model capabilities. The extra reciever for the second duck was about $15 US. Sure beats the stuff we used in the 70s!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Thanks Eric for the reply. John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I'm not sure I would recommend that radio for a Tamiya. For a Clark board maybe, but for Clarks I prefer the FS-i6S as it uses spring loaded rotors for MG and main gun firing instead of rotary dials. Maybe someone with more Tamiya experience can chime in as I only have two of them and I don't run them much because I hate the Tamiya control system. Tamiyas run off of manual trim manipulation as a standard practice and that radio has electronic trims like most modern radios. You can get a programable radio and tune the radio with the Tamiya electronics to mix in the electronic trims. I makes it so you don't have to move manual trims. I have it set up that way on my Taranis QX7 radio, but I couldn't tell you how I did it as it's been so long ago.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Thanks Derek
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I'd definitely go with an i6s under most situations it's a better radio, unless you absolutely need the rotary switches rather than the 2 3 position ones and 2 shoulder rollers the i6s has.

The 10 channel Rx weren't hugely more than the 6 Ch ones so if you're using them no with s or ibus then I think the extra flexibility is worth the cost.

The 6 channel ones have 10 channels when using ibus/sbus so for a Clark board/ibu/elmod with sbus then the 6 channel are a better bet.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

When I dipped my little toe in aftermarket electronics, I started with the Flysky I6X, and I am satisfied with it, wishing I could use it to run more AFVs. Gopher it!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I highly recommend the Radiomaster TX16S. More buttons, switches and sliders than you can shake a stick at and you can use it for all your tanks and it works with all receivers.

Return to “General Questions”