New member looking into some of the electronics....

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
FuzzyJack
Recruit

New member looking into some of the electronics....

Post by FuzzyJack »

I quite enjoy model making, electronics and Tanks. This hobby lets you do all of them!

Cool. Have already acquired a HL Tiger 1, Sherman M4A3 and a Panzer III. Haven't been able to play with them too much yet but they very cool. Looking to use the electronics side to see if I can improve the driving/recoil function of the HL 7.0 and actually have some Sherman sounds on the Sherman which would be good.

Had a good read of the OpenPanzer.org site and that looks like fun. Also have a couple of Raspberry Pi's I have never found the best use for so you never know these might find a purpose somewhere too.

Chris.
Nottingham, UK.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New member looking into some of the electronics....

Post by Ecam »

Welcome FuzzyJack! Sounds like a great hobby for you considering your interest. The 7.0 is a pretty good version of RTR electrics, look forward to what you may be able to do with it. One of my favorite features is adjustable track recoil. The lone 7.0 I have the track recoil is turned off.

Again, welcome aboard.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
FuzzyJack
Recruit

Post by FuzzyJack »

Yeah the tanks out of the box are really good with the HL 7.0. Only things that I would like to improve really is for the Sherman to sound like one and maybe have a few more sounds and the mechanical recoil on the barrel starts the recoil before the gun sounds. The only reason the barrel would start to move is because you just shot a round out of it and the timing just isn't quite right. Hoping something like the TCB allows that to be more accurately done but it will be fun trying to find out anyway. :-)
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum FuzzyJack. Merry Christmas from the states.

Chef
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hi Ho, FuzzyJack! You seem to be all set with skills for this hobby. And you have already figured out my dilemma: if I go for the latest HengLong RTR I get superior control and low-speed running, but disappointing sound. If I go for the recent Taigen/Torro, the quality is generally better and the sound is way better, but the control is not quite as good. Maybe you can use you RC skills and an aftermarket MFU to get both qualities. Welcome to the fun! Please keep us posted on your questions, fun, triumphs, and—hey—aany problems.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ecam »

I've not laid eyes on the Heng Long recoil, but am familiar with the airsoft version. I wonder if relocating the micro switch to be depressed as soon as the barrel recoils would help the situation?
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Meter rat
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome from the West Coast of Scotland. No use asking me about electronics. I can’t even twist two wires together.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”