New member here. Hello!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Akron1933
Recruit

New member here. Hello!

Post by Akron1933 »

Hello! I'm Chris. Live in Oregon,near the border of the state of California here in the U.S. I've always been a history buff, and love to tinker. Just purchased a Heng Long Tiger 1. ( been thinkng of getting a tank for several years) Have upgraded with red motors, metal tracks running gear, metal cables, almost every conceivable mato metal parts lights etc. and have painted it in a Russian campaign "dazzle" camouflage. Tank looks much more sinister and lethal than stock. I am an optician, and cancer survivor. Good to be amongst people that obviously appreciate tanks, history, and just plain having fun. Oh..my age, I'm over 65 yrs old but the tank makes me feel like a kid again. Thanks for accepting me into your community!
Last edited by Akron1933 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: New member here. Hello!

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum Chris from New York. Good to hear about your Tiger, would love to see some pics of the sinister beast.

Glad you joined us.

Chef
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Welcome from Texas. Posting pics can be tricky because of the size limitation so most of us use a hosting site like Imgur and post links to the pictures.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Hi Chris - welcome from the contingent Downunder. No doubt you have gone down the Tiger path many of us have trodden. We like pictures, so please take the time to show off your kitty.
Akron1933
Recruit

Post by Akron1933 »

Goodness! Thanks for the welcome! In a few days I'll attempt to send a few photos. I'm sure no Tiger was actually painted in dazzle camouflage but..now it's my unique tank...not just out of the box. When I do send photos, do remember.. it is my first effort. No weathering or advanced stuff yet. Thanks again!
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome from the West Coast of Scotland. No body will criticise, after all it is your model. And if it you first effort, then we have all had to learn. Some of us, like me, are slower to learn than than others.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Chris, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Most of us have at least one Tiger 1 :thumbup: It has the advantage of being big enough to work on both inside and out without risking pulling out wires and being able to accept aftermarket control boards and receivers,
The 1/16 Tiger 1 has more upgrades available than any other 1/16 r/c Tank,
Oregon the one state in the Union that has similar weather to the UK :lolno:
You will almost certainly have questions ,Go right ahead and ask always remembering that the only stupid question is the one you never ask, Just because we have probably heard it before is no use to you if you have not,
Enjoy the Forum and HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, Chris: I will enjoy seeing your Tiger I, and you are welcome to dive in with questions, answers, and RCTW fun. You live in Oregon, but you use Akron1933. Well I did live near Akron, Ohio for a while in the 'seventies. Or do you refer to a different Akron, some kind of high place in Oregon? (The 'Akro" part refers to a high spot in an area.)
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Post by michaelwhittmann »

Hello! I'm old too 66.

Getting old is ok compared with the alternative.

Send the pix; we love em.
1st NJ Tank Squadron
HL Sherman
HL King Tiger
HL Panzer III
HL Tiger I
HL Panther
ALL WsIP but pretty much done

Return to “Introduce Yourself”