Hooben/Twin Horse

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Mithras
Corporal

Hooben/Twin Horse

Post by Mithras »

Wanting to avoid entanglements. Am I correct in that Twinhorse is not to be considered reliable?

Assuming I’m mistaken, do Hooben vehicles/kits come equipped for combat?
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Hooben/Twin Horse

Post by tomhugill »

Mithras wrote:Wanting to avoid entanglements. Am I correct in that Twinhorse is not to be considered reliable?

They have their own battle system, I don't think it tamiya compatible. Their electronics system is pretty dreadful though too.

Hooben/ark model/twin horse have a habit of taking customers money for pre orders and then taking a very long time to deliver (much past the advertised delivery time on the pre order).

If you're ordering something in stock on the website then you're in a better place, although there have been instances of them saying they have stock when they haven't.

They also have been known to have some pretty significant quality control/quality issues. A lot of the new models they do are 3d printed (which isn't an issue in its self) but they don't mention this and the material they print in can be very delicate.

For my money, their t-55 kit is decent and the elefant is ok (whilst needing some modification) the rest I'd be wary about ordering

A friend recently obtained a hooben merkava and compared to his HL one said it was very poor, aside from the detail.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Until they get a distributor in Europe, avoid them like the plague. Some of their models are available in stores. E.g:
https://www.rctank.de/index.php?jtl_tok ... en&search=

They are also on Amazon but this is also a store run by Twin Horse.

Their models are delicate, made of fragile materials. In addition, there are no spare parts like in the case of HL or Taigen.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

tomhugill wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:13 am
Mithras wrote:Wanting to avoid entanglements. Am I correct in that Twinhorse is not to be considered reliable?

They have their own battle system, I don't think it tamiya compatible. Their electronics system is pretty dreadful though too.

Hooben/ark model/twin horse have a habit of taking customers money for pre orders and then taking a very long time to deliver (much past the advertised delivery time on the pre order).

If you're ordering something in stock on the website then you're in a better place, although there have been instances of them saying they have stock when they haven't.

They also have been known to have some pretty significant quality control/quality issues. A lot of the new models they do are 3d printed (which isn't an issue in its self) but they don't mention this and the material they print in can be very delicate.

For my money, their t-55 kit is decent and the elefant is ok (whilst needing some modification) the rest I'd be wary about ordering

A friend recently obtained a hooben merkava and compared to his HL one said it was very poor, aside from the detail.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
Wow. Thank you for the warning!
Kaczor wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:26 am Until they get a distributor in Europe, avoid them like the plague. Some of their models are available in stores. E.g:
https://www.rctank.de/index.php?jtl_tok ... en&search=

They are also on Amazon but this is also a store run by Twin Horse.

Their models are delicate, made of fragile materials. In addition, there are no spare parts like in the case of HL or Taigen.
Good to know. Thank you as always, K.
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
DymondTank
Lance Corporal

Post by DymondTank »

Don’t ever purchase or buy from them. Take ages to send the model you have to keep haggling them and the electrical systems are awful.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

DymondTank wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:21 pm Don’t ever purchase or buy from them. Take ages to send the model you have to keep haggling them and the electrical systems are awful.
Ug! I’ve had that experience with other hobbies. Thank you for the warning!

Return to “General Questions”