Hi hi

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
UnaYuna
Recruit

Hi hi

Post by UnaYuna »

Hi I go by the name UNAYUNA in this platform. I got into this hobby a month ago and it is so much fun! I have joined to ask help from people with experience with rc vehicles or tanks. The tank I own is a 1/30 Sherman heng long and a tiger 1 1/16 HL. I am thinking of buying a T-34 or KV-2 HL 1/16. Oh yeah I’m from USA Washington.
Last edited by UnaYuna on Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hi hi

Post by Ecam »

Welcome aboard! It can be an addictive hobby.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi UnaYuma,
Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Where in the world are you because suggesting dealers to help you who are in one country when you are the other side of the world is not very helpful, Enjoy this place and do ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Greetings! I second jarndice's question: you don't need to give away exact location, just an idea of where you are. For example, you can see, roughly, the location of those of us who responded above on the right. We could be delighted to help you locate a Russian tank you will like from somewhere in your part of the world.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
The T-34 is quite nice and there's a gazillion different ways to personalize it since, well, there was a gazillion sold to countries around the world. If you like ugly, the KV-2 is a good choice. I have one cuz I like ugly. Decisions, decisions...
Mike.
UnaYuna
Recruit

Post by UnaYuna »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:30 pm Greetings! I second jarndice's question: you don't need to give away exact location, just an idea of where you are. For example, you can see, roughly, the location of those of us who responded above on the right. We could be delighted to help you locate a Russian tank you will like from somewhere in your part of the world.
that nice. I live in Lacey, washington USA. I tried finding heng longs at a nearby Walmart but there’s nothing. Do you know hobby stores that sells heng longs? Thanks you
UnaYuna
Recruit

Post by UnaYuna »

ColemanCollector wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:48 pm Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
The T-34 is quite nice and there's a gazillion different ways to personalize it since, well, there was a gazillion sold to countries around the world. If you like ugly, the KV-2 is a good choice. I have one cuz I like ugly. Decisions, decisions...
Mike.
Kv-2 would be a perfect match up with my tiger as there are both heavy tanks. T-34 would be better as it looks more like a tank and it’s also a tank that fits for putting more details like leafs, net and camouflage.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum from the right coast.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

At one time, UnaYuna, I could--and did--actually buy Taigen (same as Torro) tanks at a somewhat local hobby store, but no longer. I have bought online from the U.S., China, Germany, the UK and more, and the cost is always high. Here in the U.S. I have bought from Toucan Hobby ( https://www.toucanhobby.com/ ) for HengLong tanks or Imex/Taigen for Taigen/Torro ( https://www.taigentanks.com/ ). Before you buy, I recommend that you check with us, showing, if you can, exactly the source and model you have in mind. We can steer you to the best for your budget and intended use. (For example, although I usually overdo it, choosing the metal suspension and track options, my tanks sit most of the time, and occasionally run on my concrete basement floor or on short, snug carpet. Given such careful handling, even my oldest tanks with plastic suspensions and tracks are still in fine shape. Tanks run more often or outdoors face more challenges.)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”