Tank maneuver problem. Tiger One HL 1/16

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
UnaYuna
Recruit

Tank maneuver problem. Tiger One HL 1/16

Post by UnaYuna »

Hi, I'm new here. I also asked this on Reddit, but no one has provided an answer yet. I have a problem with my Heng Long Tiger 1 tank. When I go in the most perfect forward direction, my tank seems to slowly veer to the left. It initially appears to be moving in a straight line, but upon closer inspection, it always shifts to the left. I have opened the tank and examined the drive gear, but everything seems fine. What could be the problem here, and how can I fix it? Thankies. Now I do not know how to upload a video here so I put a link here for y’all to see the problem. Link: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/64COO10DeVU

Gear link:
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/nqKg-qyndtQ
Edit: I just discovered that the right driveshaft is misaligned; it's bent upwards. However, the left driveshaft appears to be in perfect condition, and it's positioned correctly in the middle. I suspect that the gears supporting the right driveshaft are also misaligned and bent which makes the right sprocket slower than the left. Are there any solutions to fix it to make the gears and drive shaft in its original position. I thought of using needle nose pliers and using blunt force to unbent it.
Last edited by UnaYuna on Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tank maneuver problem. Tiger One HL 1/16

Post by jhamm »

Hello,
please read this:
viewtopic.php?t=23936
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Perhaps one track is too tight.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

The old 27mhz tanks had a trim slider below the right stick to correct for wandering, but from the snippet I saw of your controller you have a newer tank. Slider is a dummy on those the version 6.0
controllers. Not sure about the even later stuff.

Check as Jimster suggests track tension, have a check inside for binding anywhere, and also check that the track isn't jumping a tooth on the drive sprockets. Does is wander on other surfaces like a wood floor or smooth tile?
Mike.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Remember the Motors and Gearboxes are cheapo items for the toy industry not precision engineered items, you may have to reconcile yourself to steering your tank manually,
There are quality gearboxes out there for a price but I would leave it alone if it is not too distracting,
If you must then goto---
www.forgebeartanks.com
Dave is very helpful and posts worldwide talk to him and he will sort you out, :thumbup:
Warning once you start "Improving" your Tank there is quite literally no end to what you will spend money on.
Dont say you were not warned in a few years time when SWMBO chucks you out and the bank cancels your account,
Have you fitted gearbox output shaft bearings because they are really essential and do check the gearbox mounts are secure..
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Hello, from the video it seems that you have on the transmitter, a trim adjustment (neutral) small rectangular notched button, below and to the left of the control sticks. In your case, check the one below the vertical stick right, it seems shifted to me? your problem could come from the? as said previous message, check the tension of the track, possibly if not an unscrewed toothed pinion (sprocket)? middle axle, behind pinion cover
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:wtf: On the TX Heng Long, there are only two trims!!! error on my part, but the one that concerns you is the one in Red on the attached photo, it must be in the center
IMG-4864.jpeg
IMG-4864.jpeg (936.1 KiB) Viewed 871 times
sorry, but in French
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thanks for putting up the video. You can see how fast that got you some help. Usually this steering is not a big problem when the tank is mass-produced stock HengLong or Taigen/Torro, so you should be running straight soon. (The "Trim droite / gauche" is obviously "Trim right/left." I know because I am "gauche"--left handed--and not very a droite, i.e., often a klutz.)
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Ouch! Are you here all week, Professor?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ciao, ColemanCollector: are you referring to the upcoming "Heat Wave" (and I don't mean Martha Reeves and the Vandellas)? Anyway, Si, Ja, Yes, Oof.

Return to “General Discussion”