Boxes-O-parts...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Boxes-O-parts...

Post by MrChef »

Amazing all that is just 1 tank. Oh and a few extra pieces and upgrades of course. I hope when I get it back together that it works as well as it did before I took it apart...
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Boxes-O-parts...

Post by Ecam »

You've got it bad Chef!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Ratrace
Recruit

Post by Ratrace »

Looking forward to the build up.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Go get 'em, Chef. That one's not cooked, just blown up. You'll have it back in action with a rebuild back at the factory.
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

The beauty of building a Tamiya is it turns you from being a newb to knowing how these things work mechanically immediately with Taigen and HL being much easier. The electronics of most aftermarket boards will always be some sort of black art I can never learn :'( :haha:
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Panzermechaniker wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:46 am The beauty of building a Tamiya is it turns you from being a newb to knowing how these things work mechanically immediately with Taigen and HL being much easier. The electronics of most aftermarket boards will always be some sort of black art I can never learn :'( :haha:
I remember building my first Tamiya "Frog" Buggy in the mid 80's. I totally agree. Learning as you build is an awesome experience. But of course back then it was a must because you had to know what broke next to fix it.

Here is a vintage Tamiya "Frog" I found at my local hobby shop 4 months back. Still with original box, Paperwork, Directions and worn out tires. Brought back a lot of memories when I saw it. I almost bought it again-

The underside and skid plate and original knobby tires tells that this buggy had a much easier life than mine did.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I built a Tamiya Hornet in the 80s as a kid and thought the Frog was cooler than my Hornet, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of it. I upgraded the bushings to bearings and bought a different body kit for it. That experience taught me all about ESCs, motors, and servos.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Discussion”