Tank Restoration Videos - Mr Hewes

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Tank Restoration Videos - Mr Hewes

Post by Estnische »

Another Youtube series I haven't seen mentioned in the forum - Mr Hewes.

phpBB [video]

Joe Hewes and his young UK mates usually puchase non-running tanks and get them up and running in a workshop on his father's Leicester farm. Most times they sell them on. He is notorious for having bought an Iraqi T55 and on-selling it, only for the new owner to discover $1.2 mill in gold bars looted by the original Iraqi crew and hidden in the hull.

Despite the poor image this created for Joe, he and his mates do terrific work - much better than the US boofhead Whistling Diesel who screwed up big-time when he tested out the Chieftain that Joe fixed up for him.

phpBB [video]
Tiger6

Re: Tank Restoration Videos - Mr Hewes

Post by Tiger6 »

only for the new owner to discover $1.2 mill in gold bars looted by the original Iraqi crew and hidden in the hull.
Before anyone gets excited - that was an april fools, which according to David Willey got the attention of the UK Govt and Intelligence services, and had the potential to have gone horribly wrong for those involved...
STHV
Corporal

Post by STHV »

He has also been teasing that he is looking at restoring FV4005 Stage II with the MK3 hull in the first video you posted.
Panther D (WIP)
Panther A (WIP)
Panther G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Churchill VII (WIP)
Chieftain Mk 3 (WIP)
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Tiger6 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:04 pm
only for the new owner to discover $1.2 mill in gold bars looted by the original Iraqi crew and hidden in the hull.
Before anyone gets excited - that was an april fools, which according to David Willey got the attention of the UK Govt and Intelligence services, and had the potential to have gone horribly wrong for those involved...
Of course! Silly me.
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Estnische wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:19 pm Of course! Silly me.
Thought I should point that out before the usual suspects came along to complain about the Govt taking their toys... :wave: :thumbup:
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

The image of Joe Hewes it creates is so against the grain of his videos I should have smelled a rat.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Does this potential restorer then have a whiff of the rodent about him, Brett? . :D It looks like a promising channel to follow. Did you make it to the UK in the Spring, by the way? if so, I hope you had a great time. :thumbup:
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Definitely a hard working and capable soul - not prone to giving away gold bars.

Still here! Ireland this week, Bonny Scotland next week! (Edinburgh, Inverness, Skye, Oban, Islay) Germany and Austria next month. Italy and France in August. Bovington Tiger Day in September.

Return to “General Discussion”