A little bit of advice needed please.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Ratrace
Recruit

A little bit of advice needed please.

Post by Ratrace »

Well, you did warn me that just one tank would'nt be enough. I've only had my HL Sherman for 7 months but I now find myself craving another..
What I really want is a HL Panther G Upgrade Edition with 7.0 controls. I cant really afford to go to the pro version, just the steel gear with rubber tracks would suit my needs just fine.
The problem is that I cant find one here in the UK ( maybe you know of one somewhere ) and I've never ordered anything from abroad before so I dont know anything about the pro's & cons of doing so.
I've seen one on the MotionRC US website and they seem a good supplier but I'm a bit nervous about pressing the buy button without knowing if it's the right thing to do or do I just wait for a UK shop to get some stock ?

Any help/guidance etc would be of great help.... :S
Gas hog
Recruit

Re: A little bit of advice needed please.

Post by Gas hog »

Hi, you should call Dave at Forgebear tanks, he is a member on here. http://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/c1/ ... ducts.html
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The biggest single drawback of buying from the USA is POSTAGE, It is crippling and it is the one reason I never buy from that market.
You might not believe it but buying from Australia is far cheaper,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

https://www.rctank.de/Heng-Long-Panther ... m-board-V7

Contact them they are quite good not shore about shipping and taxes
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think all German dealers have a minimum spend,it is about £130 so buying a panther from any German Dealer would be fine but as has already been suggested Dave at www.forgebeartanks.com Dave is a member of this Forum and has an enviable reputation for straight dealing.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Meter rat
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Meter rat »

I have purchased from both Forgebear and MotionRC EU, with very happy results. But Motion RC do not send Haribo’s. Motion RC EU are showing Panthers in stock.
https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/rc- ... lg3819-001
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Ratrace
Recruit

Post by Ratrace »

Thanks all for the input,
I've looked on the Forgebear website ( it was my first place to go ) but sadly nothing listed... :'(
It is all the postage/vat & various taxes etc that are putting ( scaring :{ ) me off from buying abroad really. The one that john1970 has directed me to is the right model and dosent seem a bad price.....but do I need to add our vat to that as well ? I think I need to speak to them as suggested.
The links posted by Meter rat and Ad Lav are not for the actual version I'd like to get, the Haya is the Pro version which is just too expensive for my pockets to cope with.
I'll keep looking and hopefully something will come up.

Thanks again for all the help .
ankh
Recruit

Post by ankh »

I'm UK based too. I purchased several via Aliexpress. You'll end up paying around the normal price when you add taxes and postage. Delivery about 2 weeks. I've not had any issues so far.
Meter rat
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Meter rat »

Ratrace wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:02 am
The links posted by Meter rat and Ad Lav are not for the actual version I'd like to get, the Haya is the Pro version which is just too expensive for my pockets to cope with.
There are other versions available on the Motionrc eu web site. When I have purchased from them there were no additional costs. I priced up the tank on the link, and when I got to check out there were no additional costs.

Return to “General Discussion”