Any ideas for 3D print case/cover for metal chassis

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
t34vn
Recruit

Any ideas for 3D print case/cover for metal chassis

Post by t34vn »

Hi friends,

I'm new here and know the forum when searching & reading one article from Rad regarding radio programing :))) (yes, he's again!)

Then I found this forum quite interesting since I have my own SLA & FDM printers. Recently, I have to deal with more and more metal chassis tanks. One thing I guess we would prefer to do is to prevent the short circuit when setting up the control board with all wonderful electrical & wire components. The minute these components touch the metal chassis, our expensive control board can become a smoke board (I'm sure we will smell it quite nicely).

I did a quick search on the internet and found holder/case for some tank control board (Clark, Beier, IBU2U, Elmod...). However, it's only cover the control board, not give us a good (and clean) looking and completely protect other components from hitting the metal chassis. While waiting for a more permanent solution to cover the whole chassis, I used tape to cover most high-risk areas (attached). It doesn't look nice but cheap, simple and easy to remove. Just want to share here with you guys and maybe you have a better ideas on a 3D shell that can help to protect electric short circuit against the metal chassis.
IMG_9573.jpeg
All the best,
Thuat
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Any ideas for 3D print case/cover for metal chassis

Post by Will01Capri »

Its the sort of thing that could be easily done if measured up well and then made to order
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “3D Printing”