Willys Jeep 1/4 ton trailer

Custom designs 3D Printed
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Willys Jeep 1/4 ton trailer

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

New Development to print some time
Willys Jeep Military 1/4ton trailer
Typically towed behind 1/4 ton utility truck like Willys Jeep or also behind larger vehicles

Working leaf sprung suspension, wheels have bearings fitted, the tow hitch rotates and the jocket wheel folds up and down with small magnet to hold it up in place when towed

Also can be found on the Development page of our website currently being bult https://wcpmodels.com/new-developments-coming-soon/
Last edited by WCP RC MODELS on Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: M100 1/4 ton trailer

Post by jarndice »

Lovely job of work Will and long overdue :thumbup: :clap: as the only 1/4 tonne General Purpose trailer presently on the market in 1/16 is grossly overpriced and not particularly well detailed,
Your little beauty with just the barest of modifications would easily pass as a post war British Army 1/4 tonner and will look great behind a Bruder 1/16 Landie.
As we all know I am a pain for exactitude, The JOCKEY Wheel was so called because when it is not in use it swings up out of the way alongside the A frame riding like a jockey,
The British Army trailer support was a tube with a square mild steel plate as its base that slid up and down as needed held in place by a spring loaded bolt.
The British Army 1/2 tonne trailer did have a jockey wheel.
Any idea of the price or is that too soon?
Nice website by the way :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Would be great for upcomming Torro Ford GPA ;)
phpBB [video]
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

jarndice wrote:Lovely job of work Will and long overdue :thumbup: :clap: as the only 1/4 tonne General Purpose trailer presently on the market in 1/16 is grossly overpriced and not particularly well detailed,
Your little beauty with just the barest of modifications would easily pass as a post war British Army 1/4 tonner and will look great behind a Bruder 1/16 Landie.
As we all know I am a pain for exactitude, The JOCKEY Wheel was so called because when it is not in use it swings up out of the way alongside the A frame riding like a jockey,
The British Army trailer support was a tube with a square mild steel plate as its base that slid up and down as needed held in place by a spring loaded bolt.
The British Army 1/2 tonne trailer did have a jockey wheel.
Any idea of the price or is that too soon?
Nice website by the way :thumbup:
Pictures of first prototype coming soon

The jockey folds up, i have ordered magnets to hold it in place, but is a tight fit anyway

The leaf springs work real nice and smooth, perfect height aswell to suit our own 1/4ton utility truck
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Pictures

It works real nice, has good proportions, as always, built as close to 1/16 as possible for the size of the vehicle with a few beefed up parts to help it survive real work duties.

This one is FDM printed fully, however, i think for the kit we will be doing a resin top and test that on the new big resin machine. For adventurous people we have made the rear lights hollow so lights can be fitted. Somehting to enjoy, good place to put alot of little accessories.

Will sell as Built or Kit, a build video will follow later once Will has sorted parts for another print, he is just in progress of trying to finsih off Gary's 251 half track
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Kaczor wrote:Would be great for upcomming Torro Ford GPA ;)
phpBB [video]
Good idea, yes it would work perfect, need to get some figures for sitting in the back aswell haha :haha:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I’m sure you know that the M100 was a post war trailer designed off the back of the successful MB-T (Willys) and T3 (Bantam) 1/4 ton trailers (G529) for the ww2 Willys MB and Ford GPW jeeps.

Subtle differences, but if you are trying to depict a trailer for ww2 jeeps you should not do the M100…
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Ad Lav wrote:I’m sure you know that the M100 was a post war trailer designed off the back of the successful MB-T (Willys) and T3 (Bantam) 1/4 ton trailers (G529) for the ww2 Willys MB and Ford GPW jeeps.

Subtle differences, but if you are trying to depict a trailer for ww2 jeeps you should not do the M100…
Whooops. I will go and cha ge that.
My bad, it is modelled around a WW2 trailer unit for Willys Jeep.
Apologies. Bad research in there!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

To the untrained eye they are the ‘same’ ;)
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Return to “WCP Models”