Heng Long’s Version PDSGB

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Heng Long’s Version PDSGB

Post by Jimster »

Thanks Dave and Julie at Forgebear! I received my Heng Long “Dual-Current Driving System” which for the life of me is a close copy of DKLM’s original version (no longer made or sold). I bought this because I thought my DKLM unit was slipping but I was mistaken. Long story on that.
Anyhoos, my DKLM unit is fine but I’m going to see if they are 100% compatible and I will use one of them on either my Ghost Tiger project or see if I can get the correct output shafts to use on a future Taigen Panzer lll. Time will tell. Too many projects.
This HL unit is more completely covered (can’t see the drive belt at all) and the wire connections to the motors seem much better insulated with rubber apparently protecting the solder joints. Nice touch.
I’ll update it’s compatibility and performance when I install this in Ol’ Ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quitcherbitchen
Private

Re: Heng Long’s Version PDSGB

Post by quitcherbitchen »

Thanks for Posting Jim. I am very much interested if it fits your Panzer III. I have a Heng Long Panzer so I wonder if the mounting plate will match up. Mine still has the old Zinc gears and I want to eventually update it. Also, wonder about the current draw. Just wonder how much juice these use up compared to the steel geared smaller motors?
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Very nice unit, Jim. :thumbup: This one works with the HL TK 6.1s control boards, I believe. :)
The HL unit is a cheaper option than the Elmod Fusion Pro, the Rolls-Royce of boards, but it's gaining more interest in the RC community. Depending on the mounting plates, and driveshaft options out there, I'd like to try one of these in one of my projects. :crazy: Hmmm..there are so many pending, I can't recall which one :problem: :D
...and no, it's not the fault of the quaffing season :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Did a mounting plate come with it?
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

The plate that comes with the gearbox fits Heng Long’s floor plates and also fits Taigen which is what my DKLM is mounted to. Looks as if I should be able to slip the DKLM off and slide this new HL unit into place. I’ll report soon.

forgebear

Post by forgebear »

glad they got to you ok thanks dave :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Everything I’ve ever bought from you two has been totally 100% satisfaction from the ordering process to the fast shipping. I believe the thanks belong to you. :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Can’t really do a review on these however I can say that these are not 100% direct replacements for DKLM. I don’t mean quality or function I mean that the dimensions are just a tad bit different and you can’t interchange between mounting plates. But it’s very very close. These were never advertised to be exactly like DKLM and I had no assumptions that they were. Having said that I took some side by side photos in case anyone is even vaguely interested. This Heng Long unit has the faster 1:39 ratio (stamped on the side of the case) so I hope I can obtain replacement output shafts to fit a Panzer lll.

quitcherbitchen
Private

Post by quitcherbitchen »

Very interesting Jim. Looks different in a lot of ways. Case and gear teeth are noticeably different.
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

Jimster wrote:Everything I’ve ever bought from you two has been totally 100% satisfaction from the ordering process to the fast shipping. I believe the thanks belong to you. :D

thank you kind sir
:thumbup: :wave:

Return to “Unboxing”