WPL Crawler Truck Servo

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

WPL Crawler Truck Servo

Post by Mendip Wursel »

Does anybody know what items are required in the ebay link below to convert the WPL Crawler Truck to servo steering.... or if it is even possible using this stuff?

We seem to have the following for sale which I am confussed what is needed for servo steering... or is it all needed:
Power Gear Box
Steering Gear Box
Servo (I think the Gaz Truck servo looks similar to the Crawler servo in other ebay adverts)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WPL-Truck-GA ... jCDViP-2zw

This hobby is getting cheaper at these sort of prices...
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer
tomhugill
Captain

Re: WPL Crawler Truck Servo

Post by tomhugill »

Hi Kevin,

Just need the servo, the power box is for stock electrics. My American truck has the power box and my Gaz truck kit the servo.
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Post by Mendip Wursel »

Thanks .... I just ordered the servo
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Mendip Wursel wrote:Thanks .... I just ordered the servo
I have a file for a very good 3D printed holder for the servo that you just ordered. If you have someone over there that can print it for you I will send you the file.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”