Micro scale

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
Pilar
Recruit

Micro scale

Post by Pilar »

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I hope it's right place to post for me.

I've never done any RC tank model or any Rc model at all, but I've got a bit crazy idea. Today I've been painting super pershing for wargaming purposes and I wondered is it possible to make RC model out of it.
The problem is my tiny pershing is in 1:100 scale. For me it's not a big problem making new susspension and tracks, but I have no idea about Rc engines and anything connetced to that.

I hope I'll find some help and advices and I guess It would be interesting to watch project like that.
I promise I'll post all steps of work and finally short film of driving baby tank :D

Cheers!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Micro scale

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

1:100??? Wh... What? Do you want to RC a 1:100 scale tank?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Pilar
Recruit

Post by Pilar »

Exactly
With new metal, working tracks :D
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Im no expert but I dont see a way of doing it without using sorcery.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Pilar
Recruit

Post by Pilar »

Come on, there must be some way, I'm asking because I Know literally nothing about RC engines.
Making workable details is no a problem ;)
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

there is the current range of 1/72 scale tanks, but it might be worth having a look at OO gauge railway stuff. I remember someone made an articulated lorry with rc.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

One of the reasons I fly 1/9 scale Aircraft and drive/fight 1/16 Armour is smaller scales exaggerate the natural jerkiness of the hand on the Transmitter controls,
I cannot imagine what a 1/100 scale R/C Tank would look like when under the control of the average user :haha:
But if you are determined I would start off with "N" Gauge as the base from which to assemble a working Model Tank not "00" which is a bit big for your project,
The place to find all things "N" gauge is within the Model Railway Hobby.
I would suggest your first investment should be a high magnification viewer, you will need it.
Certainly the problem that most of us suffer SPACE or the Lack of it :haha: is something you wouldn't have to worry about.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon and welcome to the Forum. Pictures of your tanks please since we like pictures. Enables us to chat and kick the virtual road wheels. Now to your request... I don't know that you can RC your 1/100 scale tank but anything is possible. A few years ago, a company called TAKARA made a rechargeable RC King Tiger and Panther Series that used a mini German Potato Masher grenade as the Charging base and Controls. These tanks were 1/144 in scale and only capable of forward\back and skid steering. They used rubber band tracks that were somewhat detailed. Those were the downfall of the series as they deteriorated quickly and TAKARA never offered replacements. I have one of their King Tigers and as I said the motors and charger still work but I have never been able to find replacement tracks, ever. http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/min_taka ... 144irc.htm These are long out of production but Tank Zone still has them on their website.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The smallest operational model rail scale is Z scale, which is 1:220 and runs on 6.5mm gauge track, so I guess motors are available. Radio or Infra red control is another matter, which I pass to people who know about these things.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If anyone on the Forum really wants to know more about Scale Railways in all its detail I would put forward the name of "Tom Hugill",
I used to work "N" Gauge with an attempt to build a modern all "Catenary Layout" but my plans were in advance of what was then available, It is all out there now but I have moved on,
But Tom really has done some impressive work within the Hobby.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Smaller Scale Military”