1/10 Landrover D90

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
tomhugill
Captain

1/10 Landrover D90

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks, forgebear imported a load of these, the are quite afew in the club! I've decided to go for a modern defender with adventure mods such as winch, external rollcage and spotlights etc.

This is the chassis:

https://greensmodels.co.uk/collections/ ... 90-chassis

All alloy, seems very solid! I've added a 37t motor, hobbywing qwikrun esc, lighting kit and TBS micro. Currently it's running annoy fast so I might use an 80t motor and 3s for better top speed.

Body she'll as it stands:

tomhugill
Captain

Re: 1/10 Landrover D90

Post by tomhugill »

Hey guys, I've finally finished the landrover. Missing out a few steps but if anyone wants anything specific I probably have pictures. I've added a lighting kit which is switchable (high beam front, dipped rear, vicaverse) the indicators work automatically when the steering channel reaches a certain point. The sound card is pretty good but could use an amp to make it a little louder. My favourite part is the winch, I've tested it with a kilo and a half so far, sadly it can't quite lift the whole thing but never mind. There were some missteps along the way (seriously don't put masking tape over halford car spray for at least 72 hours!). Got some minor improvements planned, 12t pinion (vs the 20t now) and a 3s battery to get the top speed back.

Here are some testing videos:

Lighting

phpBB [video]

Winch test 1

phpBB [video]

Winch test 2

phpBB [video]

Running

phpBB [video]

Some pictures:

brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Tom excellent :thumbup: has he got any left??? Would certainly like one......
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

That's NOTHING like a real Range Rover! I saw turn signals working every time without fail, all the lights work properly, it starts on the first try, the winch works. Sorry Tom but looks like you missed the mark on this one. ;) :haha: UNLESS you built a "dream Range Rover" then you hit the nail on the head! Perhaps Range Rover needs to copy your little version! :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

I would be impressed but the springs are all wrong. Proper Land Rover's shouldn't have those funny curly things..... :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

RobW wrote:I would be impressed but the springs are all wrong. Proper Land Rover's shouldn't have those funny curly things..... :haha:
This is one of those new fangled coil Spring ones (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!) you can get a leaf Spring set but it's not as good off road.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jackalope wrote:That's NOTHING like a real Range Rover! I saw turn signals working every time without fail, all the lights work properly, it starts on the first try, the winch works. Sorry Tom but looks like you missed the mark on this one. ;) :haha: UNLESS you built a "dream Range Rover" then you hit the nail on the head! Perhaps Range Rover needs to copy your little version! :haha:
I did have a nut come loose causing the big gear in the gearbox to slip, does that make it more realistic?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Leaf springs actually gave the full size version much better cross country performance. The ground clearance whilst travelling over rough terrain was better than any of it rivals.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

tomhugill wrote:
jackalope wrote:That's NOTHING like a real Range Rover! I saw turn signals working every time without fail, all the lights work properly, it starts on the first try, the winch works. Sorry Tom but looks like you missed the mark on this one. ;) :haha: UNLESS you built a "dream Range Rover" then you hit the nail on the head! Perhaps Range Rover needs to copy your little version! :haha:
I did have a nut come loose causing the big gear in the gearbox to slip, does that make it more realistic?
A little. Can you make the passenger side front blinker work only every 4th time? ;)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jackalope wrote:
tomhugill wrote:
A little. Can you make the passenger side front blinker work only every 4th time? ;)

Haha!

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”