Will a Torro 2.4 radio

Discuss your radio gear here!
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Will a Torro 2.4 radio

Post by Spartan tracks »

And receiver work in side a TAMIYA Tank and will it be an improvement? Thanks Andy
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Will a Torro 2.4 radio

Post by jtracks »

Spartan tracks wrote:And receiver work in side a TAMIYA Tank and will it be an improvement? Thanks Andy
Yes it would Andy. I have a friend who did it with a Tamiya Sherman after fitting the obvious plug changes. But I could never understand why at the time. Even with Tamiya's antiquated electronics, the control and sound is so much better than the stock electronics. He told me he became frustrated with the wires and lack of room inside of the tank. He also had a very difficult time selling the tank with the Taigen electronics.
Joe
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Re: Will a Torro 2.4 radihough

Post by Jay-Em »

It will work with a lot of re-wiring, and it won't be an improvement.

The sound of the taigen f.i. is atrocious, horrible, beyond terrible. Control kind of works, but it's a multi-step "fake" proportional control, while the tamiya controller is afaik true proportional.

The Taigen is compact. That is the ónly redeeming factor lmho. It's great value for the money, no denying that, but completely incomparable to a full tamiya controller.

If You already own a Tamiya controller, but no 2.4ghz, have a look at the cheap 4-channel Turnigy flysky clone from hobbyking.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Does your Tiger have the Tamiya electronics fitted? If so, all you need is a receiver for your Turnigy and you will be up and running.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Does your Tiger have the Tamiya electronics fitted? If so, all you need is a receiver for your Turnigy and you will be up and running.
HI Rich I was curious that was all I have full TAMIYA electrics , and have two full 2.4 TORRO Radio sets with receivers I just thought it might improve the operating and be able to remove the aerial . Regards Andy
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....

Return to “Radio Gear”