Battle Question

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Battle Question

Post by Mackem »

Hi All,

If I were to fit DBU/DBC in my Leo & Abrams how would I stand with respect to taking part in battles?
No disrespect to the masses of KT and Tiger1 owners out there, but in the real world neither the Leo or the Abrams would waste a round on them and there armour would be impervious to attack at any range.
I'm assuming there is some form of handicapping system, is this right?

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
grompix
Sergeant

Re: Battle Question

Post by grompix »

Hi John

When it comes to IR battling, all tanks (regardless of modernity) are set (via the electronics) as Heavy, Medium or Light. This dictates how many hits they can take in a 'battle'. Heavy tanks take 9, Medium 6 and Light 3. (I think the DBU can have Very Light with 1 hit) This vulnerability is balanced by moderating how long it takes for each type to reload. Heavy taking 9 seconds, Medium 5 and light 3. So (in theory at least) a combat between say a heavy and a light tank should work out as an even match because the Heavy fires slower (so can't hit the Light tank as often) and the Light tank fires 3 times faster.
This provides a modicum of realism and an even playing field for everyone regardless of the tank models they are using. If it was more realistic then people would shy away from poorly armed/armoured tanks and buy/build/battle only the more powerful ones instead.
So (in a nutshell) it doesn't matter what tanks you have, all are welcome. Having said that, I notice that some clubs in the US have organised their battles into WW2 and Post WW2 presumably for appearances sake.

Cheers
Chris 
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

Echo what chris said it's all down to the individual battle and yes in the states they have dedicated axis Vs allies battles and there rules are primarily built on this
we as a club havent gone down this route as it's fairly new you may see it in the future but you would be more than welcome to run them and have a battle
I'll also bet that once you have a go at I/R battling you'll be hooked and just have to get more tanks I/R enabled (I now iam ;))

we would have to sort out "the rules" on the day and as long as all are happy (cant see why not) you would be more than welcome to run the leo or abrams might even be in your position soon enough even my NZ bulldog is going to be I/R equipped and with the advent of the T55 coming out this opens another "cold war" scenario So the future is ours :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kind regards Rob
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mackem »

Thanks for clearing that one up for me lads, your replies make a lot of sense.
Expect loads of questions from me about fitting battle mods later this year.  ;)

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

The Americans have whole volumes on rules what can do this and what can do that even down to scale speed all these rules put people off best to keep them simple and as has been said within the standard capability's of a battle system don't forget most IR battles will not be fought at anything like scale speed and range
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Return to “General Discussion”