Value Greatly,Advice on CUSTOM Large Scale Tank Builder?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
rctiger1
Private

Value Greatly,Advice on CUSTOM Large Scale Tank Builder?

Post by rctiger1 »

:thumbup: Hello fellow Members,

I would so greatly value your expert assistance and comments,re-my desire to locate a really Top class Tank builder/Customizer

Anyone who may have read some of my earlier posts,both here and elsewhere will be aware of my great enthusiasm to own and run a First Class tank (RC) I was taken by 1/6 & 1/8 offerings I looked at every which way to make it work ,but my last effort to save money by having a 1/6 VANTEX Tiger modified,but as was pointed out, it was really a non starter on the basis of High Cost to carry out all the modifications e.t.c. this I was aware of but was getting quite desperate,knowing full well the chance of it working were remote to say the least! :'(

Since I first discovered RC tanks,I was politely told I really should look at 1/16 RC tanks,but I was blinkered and stuck my heals in,but now I have seen the light,and I really have to focus now,and for that I need feedback please.

OK! I have discovered one or two what to me at least appear to be super 1/16 tank customizers the tanks look realistic and have everything you could want,Almost! :thumbup: But before taking the plunge I wanted to ask for the widest possible feedback from folks on here and elsewhere.

I know I will never be able to afford more than the one Tank so it may as well be the best it can be ,containing all the possible upgrades that can be applied. IE SOUND/SMOKE/LIGHTS/EXTRA DETAIL/WEATHERING/CREW/ELECTRONICS/TRACKS/E.T.C.,E.T.C.

So if you guys can suggest either via reply or PM I would be really pleased and happy

all the best Steve :wave:
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Value Greatly,Advice on CUSTOM Large Scale Tank Builder?

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome to the forum :D

So are you after something already finished?

Or to commission someone to make you one?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Steve Hi,
One of the delights of this hobby to me is building my own Tank, of course when you begin you will inevitably make mistakes which is why when I am asked I recommend that beginners start on a HENG LONG Tank rather than starting with a full option TORRO or TAMIYA,
There is no substitute for the satisfaction you get from building your own Tank.
If you have tried before and been dissatisfied with the result then using debonder and a modicum of bad language strip it down and try again,
This is a hobby that rewards trying over and over till it is right.
I had a desire to learn to play the Guitar,
I bought the cheapest left handed electric one I could find,
Then using U TUBE and constant practice I can now play the guitar to MY satisfaction,
The cheap guitar is gone and now I am the proud owner of a left handed Fender Stratocaster Blackie and all the hard work and long hours were worth it.
Tank building is as rewarding I promise.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

You could try the Uk tank club thery are the bees knees in 1/6 in the uk
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

:thumbup: Hello The tank man &Jarndice
Great to hear from you,Understand what you say re building the tanks e.t.c but I can not simple as that really am not able to build much at all and therefore will get little to no satisfaction,to many health issues and to be fair even if I were not handicapped I would still prefer playing than building

all the best and good modelling to you
cheers Steve :wave:

Return to “Larger Scale Military”