Futaba swing arm(ratchet removal)

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Futaba swing arm(ratchet removal)

Post by fv432 »

Hi guys this is from H.E.A.T armours workshop pages and is the same as i did to my futaba skysport the part no.s may be different but the principle is the same ;) ;)  http://heatarmor.com/joomla/index.php?o ... &Itemid=29
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Futaba swing arm(ratchet removal)

Post by Matdragon »

dunno if this is the same thing, but to make the other stick on my futaba attack 4 i used the peice from an old smashed up HL controller!! and some other peices, its worked a treat!!

thanks,

Matt
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

Parts to modify these radios are cheep £3-4 and are not hard to fit now hears why they are a bargain a few years ago at the NEC I was demonstrating my Tiger II for the punters as you do fire the gun rotate the turret fire the machine gun all while the tank was on the display table for whatever reason I caught the throttle and of went the tank it hit the floor upside down before I could revers the stick, how sick was I fortunately the Tiger was fixed within the hour with the help of some super glue and the following day I ordered the relevant parts now all my radio's have the spring kit fitted.
Moral £3-4 spring kit or £600 Tiger.

If any one has a spring kit and wants it fitting at the indoors meet in February bring it along I will gladly fit it 
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

Rivetcounter wrote: Parts to modify these radios are cheep £3-4 and are not hard to fit now hears why they are a bargain a few years ago at the NEC I was demonstrating my Tiger II for the punters as you do fire the gun rotate the turret fire the machine gun all while the tank was on the display table for whatever reason I caught the throttle and of went the tank it hit the floor upside down before I could revers the stick, how sick was I fortunately the Tiger was fixed within the hour with the help of some super glue and the following day I ordered the relevant parts now all my radio's have the spring kit fitted.
Moral £3-4 spring kit or £600 Tiger.

If any one has a spring kit and wants it fitting at the indoors meet in February bring it along I will gladly fit it 
That must have been a horrible feeling when it happened! I may well take you up on your offer thanks matey.

Two questions - Where do you get the spring kits from over here? And what controller would you reccomend for my Tamiya Tiger?

Many Thanks
Adin
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

Hi adin
most good R/c shops over here should be able to get them if not give me a shout and i can get one from my LHS and send out

the radio i have for my tammy sherman is the futaba skysports 6yf chose this one for the price and the fact you can install a fire button on the controller as opposed to some strange set ups for firing as i find it fiddly

just remember to get a ground freq unit or you'll get some annoying looks from the aircraft guys :D ;) ;)

the spectrum 2.4Ghz is also a very good unit and allows for multiple tanks on one handset and the price of those is getting very affordable ;D
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

Hi mate,

Is that the one shown here  http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/pro ... 8&CatID=12

I was kinda leaning to that one because it says that it stops frequecy clashes. Does it need any mods to make it compatible for tanks?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but then I am a newbie ;D ;D ;D ;D
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

Thats the one adin
they can be a bit of a pain to set up but once thats done all is good and there are plenty of guys with them that can help with that ;) ;)
dont worry about the noob questions we have all been there and still are on some things  :D :D
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

Thanks fv432  ,

As soon as my bank balance has recovered a bit I shall invest in one of those then.

Thanks for the quick reply matey
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

;)
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

I have always used Futaba Skysport 4 these are fool proof with no setting up, it's best not to get a digital radio for Tamiya tanks the trims are a pain when it comes to using the main gun this is what I have used http://www.howesmodels.co.uk/RadioContr ... rodID=1235 when you ring them tell them you don't want the servos and that you want a spring kit
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Return to “Tips and Tricks”