Bradley M2

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Bradley M2

Post by MichaelC »

Inspired by newcomer geoff and his amazing Bradley, I decided to take a crack at this. As mentioned in his thread, the Unimax version is just not going to cut it so I sourced a used Century 21 version and it was like night and day. The Unimax version is smaller, all plastic with couple of basic hatches that open. The C21 version has a one piece metal upper, with numerous working hatches including the grenade holders on the turret. All large hatches are hinged with metal rods.

After converting my RC M113 to Clark, I decided that this time it will be a full working suspension and individual track links so I cut up a Pz III lower and sized it to the C21 Bradley. I transplanted all the bogies and sprockets over to the HL suspension arm and gear shaft, but because I want to keep the rear ramp/entrance, I cut off and use the rear lower of the C21 and kept the idlers and mount. The bogie spacing is not quite the same and I might still do something about it, but it will have to do for now. The rest are the usual Clark board electronics, servo elevation and servo rotation, lights all around, MG on the 20mm canon and the twin TOW has one flash and one IR emitter. I think it is a Tiger board but will swap out to a Leo board when I get a hold of one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGVV2jFcvw

MichaelC.

Return to “Smaller Scale Military”