Field of Armor "TANKS"

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Saxondog
Captain

Field of Armor "TANKS"

Post by Saxondog »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsAG2R_ ... e=youtu.be

Both these Tanks may seem familiar? They look like the Builds by Randy Killin several years back when he owned Field of Armor?

Can anyone confirm this? Seems these are older builds modified with new components? So why are we not seeing new builds,new products from Field of Armor "Tanks" present owner Loic Anthian?

I have questioned Mr. Anthian about his products many times,straight forward specific questions about his designs,the builders,and many other issues involving arming a 1/6th scale tank with a projectile firing device?

Safety, within our Hobby must come first. This is a family Hobby,and I feel these are important issues.

Besides the safety,what about the dependability of these untried and untested products? And why so little video of the tanks during operation? I encourage everyone to view this material and comment on the products for yourselves.

Asking now may prevent a surprise later once these products become your property. Like all vendors FOA-Tanks has an obligation to our community to post accurate,and Honest details about the products. I believe we have a responsibility to ensure that preferred vendors meet a higher standard.

Ask,inquire and observe we shall all be better for it. Including FOA-Tanks, if there producing quality kits then certainly they have the data, and the staff to support their products and the communities concerns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsAG2R_ ... e=youtu.be
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Field of Armor "TANKS"

Post by Saxondog »

Further concerns over this add which shows a Mid/Late production Tiger available for Purchase. Observe the photo beside the add. This appears to be the example of the product for sale? A built FOA-Tanks Combat Tiger? The same photo is also available on the Face Book Page.

And again the same Photo is available on VS PRO America as the 1/24 scale Tiger with I/R function. Perhaps the question I should be asking is simple, for the price 6749.00$ which tank are you buying? Custom built Field of Armor Tanks Tiger or the VS Pro 1/24 scale Tiger?
http://www.vstank.com/vspro/product_Tig ... esert.html
http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/v/vspf ... builtL.jpg
http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/produc ... -built.htm
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Field-of ... 2040259765
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Concerning the "COMBAT TIGER" i have not been able to find on the web site a RATING for the LASER pointer? This does concern me as these devices can be dangerous, and should have a limited Mega Watt Range which complies with the standards for Public safety?

Also the gun system seems to be missing a warning light, barrel sock or Barrel Plug? I have not been able to find these safety features listed or shown in the videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsAG2R_W ... e=youtu.be

Watching the video I have to ask once the paintball breaks in the gun why do we not see a demonstration of gun removal and cleaning?

How difficult is the gun to remove and clean? Paintball guns require cleaning so how is this accomplished? Could a video be posted showing in detail the removal process and re-installation?
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Post by Earwig »

This Field of Armor Tiger was owned by a good friend of mine,but he had to sell it, when his pension fund went..t**s up ..it is as you can see a late production model,..it was built to a very good standard,and had 2 x 350 w motors fitted,with the final drive by chain,the motors came from a mobility scooter,it had 2 x 40amp Electronize speed controllers,and a Tamiya Full option sound system,..it also had many metal accessories, which included a metal cupola, loaders hatch, tools,side skirts,...now for you sharp eyed eagles...can you spot the mistakes on this model....one being by the makers..i.e. Field of Armor, and the other..by .whoever bult it...
Attachments
field of armour8.jpg
field of armour7.jpg
field of armour6.jpg
field of armour4.jpg
field of armour1.jpg
field of armour3.jpg
field of armour2.jpg
field of armour12.jpg
"Come"...and i will show you...where the Iron Crosses Grow!!
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

To bad the present FIELD OF ARMOR TANKS cant seem to match the ingenuity of the skilled Hobbyist. Check out their latest attempt and yet another unfinished post on 1/6th army group. http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=20518

Your Tiger is brilliant, well thought out and practical. Keep it simple is always a great design principle. Well done. efficient drive,accessible without a complete disassembly,

Excellent detailing,well done winter Tiger. Thanks Earwig for sharing this fine tank. Your seem to continue to surprise us with your collection.

When may I come over and play??

cheers Blake
combat polecat
Recruit

Post by combat polecat »

hi all,
my name is Gary [combat polcat] not posted on site for very long time now, have been informed of FOA winter Tiger, on the forum,
just to say I am the new owner of this lovely model. i've done quit a bit of work to it, it has been repainted, weathered will try to put some pics up soon.
hope you enjoy them.
Gary.b.
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Post by Earwig »

Hi Gary,
its nice to know that my model is still around,...prior to getting this model,i was a bit sceptical about a "Plastic" tank.....but after getting it, i was blown away by how strong it was,and those motors are the biz,..this model had an old Mark-1 sound module in it when i got it,..i replaced this piece of junk with the Tamiya Full option pack and the Electronize speed controllers,..what i should say is, i bought the Tamiya sound mods and the speed controllers, and a good friend of mine fitted them...the only thing wrong with this model is the cast metal cupola,..its a thing of beauty but unfortunately its not for this model, its for the early production....this cupola and the loaders hatch cost in excess of 400 euro,s from a supplier in Germany,it was fitted to the model simply because a late cupola could,nt be found at the time,..the tracks ..i loved them..they may only be made of injected nylon..but...they are strong and the polycarbonate wheels are also very good,....look forward to seeing it again in its new colours....and ..if you ever decide to sell it, i,d be very interested in having it....back.....
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Post by Earwig »

update, on this FOA Tiger,...which is now belongs to Gary....its had a complete new paint job and..a real good one at that...unfortunately,most of his pics were way too big and..with me being just one step removed from an Abacus....i don,t know how to resize them....but one did come through that was normal size ..and here it is.....
Attachments
FOA.jpg
FOA.jpg (12.12 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
combat polecat
Recruit

Post by combat polecat »

pics of FOA Tiger.by Gary.
Attachments
DSCF4662.JPG
DSCF4661.JPG
DSCF4659.JPG
DSCF4658.JPG
DSCF4657.JPG
DSCF4656.JPG