t34/85

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
raven
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

t34/85

Post by raven »

this arrived yesterday non rc merit t34/85

needs a little work
chris
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: t34/85

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Looks like fun tho'. Nice Purchase! Modeled on the WSN, maybe?
regards,
Painless
Attachments
WSN T-34 85
WSN T-34 85
...Here for the Dawn...
raven

Post by raven »

i think its the same merit international have taken over the 21st century stuff as well

chris
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Raven,
I saw today while looking over HobbyRaw that Trumpeter has brought out a 2.4Ghz T-34 85 which looks just the same as the two above. So if you want to RC your Merit, the stuff should be out there to easily do it with.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Dragon245
Corporal

Post by Dragon245 »

I've seen a post on the US sight This is a WSN unit with no R/C has it got the Gear boxes fitted?
raven

Post by raven »

will take a look inside but i dont think there is any gearboxes its so light will have to put in some weights to make it sit better, merit also do mid tiger 1 they retail between €50 to €60 i got mine from germany was €52

chris
raven

Post by raven »

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hello Raven.... I don't want to be a wet towel... but I have one of those Merits... thought I would build it up and make an RC out of it.... It is built off the Wsn...an exact replica casting wise.. even down to the poor suspension.... after taking it apart ... found yes it does have the gearbox shells in it.. as they would not have been able to put the drivers on without them... also the final drive gear....
Here's the bad stuff... after evaluating what the cost would be to bring it up to a point of running as a decent Rc Tank... I trashed the idea... bought the Heng Long instead... as it would cost about the same to get it to a point far below the operation of the Heng Long ... and now they have the option of the New Taigen

The only reason I'm jumping in on your thread is... just to pass a word of advise.... before dishing out any more funds to make this tank run... first find all the components you will need......then add it to the price that you already paid for the Merit....then decide whether or not you want to go forward with the project
the metal gears for that model is available from Welsh Dragon...board wires transmitter and other internals pretty much anywhere......When I evaluated mine... it would have come out to a 500 dollar mediocre tank...a total waste in my book... wrote the purchase off as a lesson learned ... and moved forward with the Heng Long

I don't even think the new 2.4 gig Wsn will be that great... as the suspension will still be poor.. the plastic too thin

Sorry for the negativity ... as usually I would encourage a build... It's just now you have better choices.. and modifying the Merit ... won't add up in the end :thumbdown: IMO ;)

ALPHA
raven

Post by raven »

hi alpha thanks for the good advice but i never really planned to rc this i did have the trumpeter kit but couldnt make it cause of arthritis in the hands so i sold it and bought the merit one it will only be on a shelf im doing a h/l panther g past while now its taking a long time

chris
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

raven wrote:hi alpha thanks for the good advice but i never really planned to rc this i did have the trumpeter kit but couldnt make it cause of arthritis in the hands so i sold it and bought the merit one it will only be on a shelf im doing a h/l panther g past while now its taking a long time

chris
Ah... then it's perfect.... It's a fine display collectable as is... the only thing I didn't like was you can't open the commanders Hatch..the good thing is there is real rubber on the wheels... and if you wanted.. can fit the metal Mato tracks for added detail and weight ...if you do plan to disassemble the upper and lower hull...there is a hidden screw on the top hull ... on the center vent... the hole is plugged... it's tough to get the plug out without drilling it out... so retaining it is almost impossible...though what I did was to unscrew the majority of screws in the hull... and use a hacksaw blade to cut that last retaining shaft in half... while spreading the upper and lower ..you don't really need it once it is gone... as the other screws are sufficient to hold the thing together ....if you do do this you will find the turret is easy to remover..as it actually has the WSN spin ring holding it in place :D

ALPHA

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”