Toms folly (robbe najade)

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
tomhugill
Captain

Toms folly (robbe najade)

Post by tomhugill »

I think I might have got a bit carried away, the mrs doesn't know so if you never hear from me again......

So I've got the boat bug (much to the dismay of my unfinished tanks), as some of you know I recently bought a speed boat which leaked like a sieve. It was 800mm long so when I saw this at 960mm it didn't seem too bad.....I was wrong:

Comparison to my 1/16 tiger (this boat is 1/15 so it's a fair comparison).

Internals:
Power comes courtesy of a roxxy 3656-07 brushless outrunner and a roxxy 950 esc.

I'll try and get a video tomorrow but she absolutely flys, I would say she goes maybe 20mph +
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Toms folly (robbe najade)

Post by ALPHA »

CAMO THAT BABY QUICK!!!! :haha: maybe she won't notice :haha:

Have fun with it Tom

If you survive... HAPPY HOLIDAYS :thumbup:

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Now that's a boat ,but hiding that's gonna be hard lol even camo it's big 8O
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:Now that's a boat ,but hiding that's gonna be hard lol even camo it's big 8O
:haha: Put the boat against a wall.. and stack four tanks in front of her :haha:

It's a great looking boat... but yes very big... I only wish Tom the best when the words "where did that come from!?" 8O are spoken

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Well my rational is I've just sent one boat which you where ok with back. Sooo this is cool right?! Not
Sure she will see it like that.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:Well my rational is I've just sent one boat which you where ok with back. Sooo this is cool right?! Not
Sure she will see it like that.
:haha: :haha: The other boat is gone? ... that's actually great tom.. because now you can just say you modded the old one :haha: ...or better yet.. hide it in plain sight :D

Really though ... I'm sure you jest about how she will react.. she's probably happy you are doing something that keeps you out of trouble :haha: ...the "heat" probably comes from her reminding you (like everyone else) that the leash is short lol 8O

Though you might have to explain the casting reel and rod you might have to purchase ;)

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON TOM :thumbup:

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hah! We shall see wha she has to say when she's round next. I hope to never go in after one of my boats but you never know ;) happy christmas to you too!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:Hah! We shall see wha she has to say when she's round next. I hope to never go in after one of my boats but you never know ;) happy christmas to you too!
:haha: I've done boats before... when everything was powered by gas..all it took was a bit of moisture... and when those things die in the water... you have two choices ... either you swim for it... or have well practiced casting skills :haha:

All it took for me was looking at the murk of brackish water ponds... as "HELL TO THE NO" rang out from the voice in me... so yeah some fishing rigs will come in handy ;)

I wish you well with mrs.Tom ;) ...

ALPHA

ps... you could always say... Honey look what I got you for Christmas :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

As promised a quick video; there's another up on my channel where the light was better but using a slightly knackeres battery so not as fast. Currently I'm running a 4600 7.2v nimh which gives 20-30 minutes run time. I'm toying with the idea of getting a 8000mah 3c lipo which should give more power and better run times.

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AoDnIyqQwM[/youtube]
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

Look at it this way Tom as your not married yet the 'divorce' will be quite cheap lol

By the way hut meet on the 29th ,,, u coming or r u sailing
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”