Not strictly a tank...

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

Not strictly a tank...

Post by sean Half-pint works »

OK guys and gals,

Me and a mate of mine down here in Lincolnshire hatched a plot, using my 1:30 Sherman, we want to 'land' it from a LST (landing Ship, Tank) so... does anyone know where I am likely to find some drawings?? (If they exist) or does anyone know where I am likely to find accurate measurements of one?? There are plenty of images on Google, but without dimentions it will be very very difficult to make one with any degree of accuracy... any ideas please?

Sean
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Re: Not strictly a tank...

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi mate Before I got into tanks I us to be a model ship builder. If you contact the greenwich maretime museum down london they have hundreds of plans for all sort of ships if you tell them the type of LCT you require for a small fee they will post a set of plans to you. I found a phone call to the curator was extremely helpful in getting just the right plans I required.
Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

how do,
I am kinda a jack of all trades, I shall have a looksee if they have something for me, I had clean forgotten about the Greenwich Maritime Musium (another project of mine had a lovely set of plans sent to me from them!) I shall do just that, I wanna have some fun and land my 1:30 sherman from a true waterborne lander...

Any ideas for it would be interesting...

Sean
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

You could try a big Normandy LCT that carried 5 tanks and a platoon of troops at your scale you are looking at about 50" long x 16" beam us 4 airfix plastic tanks looks and then your RC tank for the landing or a small single Tank LCT of about 30" x 12" beam. The smaller LCT's had no bridge as such so all your drive train would have to fit into about a 2" gap that runs the hull lenght under the cargo deck. Grauper used to do a small water jet unit that would fit and this would allow you to get close inshore without fouling your props.
Hope these give you some idea's
denzil
opp's you said get off the road
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

Hmmm, why am i suddenly tempted to get a team of 5 RC tanks?? :haha: Denzil thanks for the ideas!

I will have a look for the water jet thingy as opposed to props, hmmm, haha, mean times, my old workshop/forge is haveing a refit as a hanger for boats, planes and tanks and a good few other odds and ends!

Sean

Return to “Smaller Scale Military”