Best smoke so far.

Smoke creating devices!
Sydney
Recruit

Best smoke so far.

Post by Sydney »

I have been reading and researching for some time now what liquid produces the best smoke.
I have tried quite a few, Hen Long, johnsons baby oil,3in 1 oil, Singer sewing machine oil,
Vegatable oil. I have Also tried various combinations and mixes using diesel,WD40 and
Propylene Glycol.
To date the most realistic thick smoke with a slight bluish tinge is a 50/50 mix of
WD40 and Generic mineral oil, so thats what i am sticking with for now on my Challenger 1/8
scale.

I have used this mix quite a few times, and have checked the smoke generator evertime and it is
doing its job just fine.with no signs of residual goo or thickening of the mix.

It does not stink too much,more of a hint of candle wax smell, and is cheap and easy to use.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Best smoke so far.

Post by MichaelC »

Sydney, WD-40 as in the spray can ones ? Can you get WD-40 in liquid form ? It would be pretty pricy if I have to get it out from the spray cans.......
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

you can buy wd40 here in 4 litre cans
to use in a spray mister.
it $28 for a gallon from msc in the states
should last a while :haha:
Sydney
Recruit

Post by Sydney »

I just squirt the WD40 from an aerosol container into a narrow necked small jar, then mix it with the
generic mineral oil.
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

Post by B.A.D.A.S.S.Force »

MichaelC wrote:Sydney, WD-40 as in the spray can ones ? Can you get WD-40 in liquid form ? It would be pretty pricy if I have to get it out from the spray cans.......
You can get them in pour cans in N.A. ... Home Depot sells WD-40 lubricant in gallon cans for about $17 in the States, though it looks like they cost about $30 there in Canada :O .

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/wd-40-3785-litres-bulk/985861

~ Craig ~
(¯`·._.·´¯`·._ ? B.A.D.A.S.S. F?rce Club F?under ? _.·´¯`·._.·´¯)
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Nothing new. We are used to the high prices. Someone has to pay for the free health care........

Don't think I will need that much especially to try. I might just take out the old spray can and see how much I can get out of it first and try it out. baby oil's been pretty good to me so far.
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

hi guys i have allso tryd mixing different oils so far have tryed 50/50 mix of baby oil & heng long , heng long & wd40 ,& baby oil & wd 40 all where not mutch different in amount of smoke produced , ie bearly visable . tanker 242
jonger
Lance Corporal

Post by jonger »

I have started using a 50/50 mix of baby oil and indoor lamp oil having modified my smokers to strmnd54's design if you check out the Acoustic smoker latest design thread http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 84&t=11110 you will see where I realised why his modifications work so well and have followed them, and the smoke oil mix I'm using gives a bluish tinge to the smoke so looks better than the standard white smoke.
Jonger
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

hi jonger could u tell me where u got the indoor lamp oil from ,as i have tryd looking for a shop near me that sells it, but not had any luck finding one , i am in lewisham tanker 242
jonger
Lance Corporal

Post by jonger »

I got my indoor lamp oil from a shop called "The Range" I know they have more than one shop but I'm in the East Midlands so I'm not sure if it is a national chain or just a regional group of shops.
It was near the camping / outdoor section along with the outdoor (citronella) lamp oil and barbecue lighting fluid along with oil lamps and other candle lights so I suggest trying camping shops if you don't have "The Range" near you.
Jonger

Return to “Smokers”